🏚️ Moving home

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: jay, inspector, Dragonrider, thecaretaker

MWCracker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 07:59

🏚️ Moving home

For the past year I have been living opposite the school I work at, me, wife and 2 kids. The SLT got so used to me being over there that they called me on breaks and sent me emails etc..

Since last Wednesday I have been moving house a mile away from the school which is great, but I am moving all the contents on my own as my wife is not well at all having Fibromyalgia. Since lockdown I have gained an extra 6" on my belly and I am back up to 20 stone, so now I am struggling with it all as well as working.

So basically I am at work then at lunch for 4 hours packing and moving bits and some furniture too, and then back to work moving furniture and cleaning, and then after work doing the same again until 10pm and on the weekend I started at 8am and didn't stop until 10pm.

I can't wait until I have finished and then I can actually relax.

So.... How was your last week? -Wink.png-
The power of the hour maketh you stronger for longer. -Success.png-
Hey Wayne
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 08:03

Re: 🏚️ Moving home

Where are you MWcracker?

Are there any caretakers nearby that could lend a hand?
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2020 07 09:19

No doubt SLT will still be ringing you up during your breaks and still expecting you to come in -Crazy.png-

Even when I went off on holiday, they forgot and rang me. Part and parcel of working in a school....
fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
(Truth Without Fear)

Bigrik1
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 11:34

Nice work MWcracker, I’m moving from the school bungalow at the end of the month, loved living here but can’t wait to be away from site. I’m relocating to Cornwall from Surrey so bit further than a mile but can’t wait to be “set free” lol -Success.png-
Already done it -Cool.png-
discsaw
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 11:59

Good luck matey. I was once in hospital, in my gown wrist bands on and waiting my turn to go into surgery when ringing came from my bag of belongings. It was the office they all knew where I was.
londonlad1939
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 14:47

Bigrik1 wrote: Tue, 7th Jul 2020, 11:34am Nice work MWcracker, I’m moving from the school bungalow at the end of the month, loved living here but can’t wait to be away from site. I’m relocating to Cornwall from Surrey so bit further than a mile but can’t wait to be “set free” lol -Success.png-
I'm not far from surrey at all, I don't want to jump in your grave lol but I don't suppose your old job and bungalow are still up for grabs