🚫 Anti climb stuff

The board to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: jay, inspector, Dragonrider, thecaretaker

capri1600l
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 09:25

🚫 Anti climb stuff

Hi Fellow caretakers,

I've not been around for ages, I've moved schools and life just gets in the way.
I'm at a small Primary school, all on 1 level, flat roof, Problems with locals getting on the roof at night/weekends, not as usual the school is pleading poverty. No CCTV and grills on some of the windows, which are acting as a climbing frame for them to get on the roof, any ideas of what I can legally but round the roof edges that will make them thing twice. In the old days cement and broken glass always worked well.
CAPRI1600L
:beer:
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 09:52

Re: 🚫 Anti climb stuff

I have various things here but they still find another way to get up there. Its like a challenge. I have some black anti climb grease that I paint on quite thick. I have "Warning - Anti Climb Paint! signs up where this is. I also use anti climb plastic strips with spikes on as well. Again warning signs are needed. I have also had some rollers fitted which are quite effective. The Anti Climb Paint is the obvious first choice initially. Good Luck!
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 10:14

I used good old faishoned car grease nice and thick and a sign saying anti climb paint, some must have tried it because i found the grease they tried to get off their hands at the external fencing. -Big grin.png- -Success.png-

fa-quote-left SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI fa-quote-right
Jack-the-Bug
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 10:14

We also use anti-climb paint and also the plastic strips with spikes on too.
Make sure you put a few signs up.
capri1600l
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 17:17

Spike and paint it is then, that was my 1st thoughts, but thought I'd ask if anything new had been put out there.
Silly question, but the spikes screw down, but I dont want to be screwing though the felt edge strips in the roof edge, will these glue down with some exterior type glue. and will that glue to felt. Hmm I answering my own question as I'm typing, I best screw them down and seal the edges.

Sorry I do ramble on -Wink.png-
CAPRI1600L
capri1600l
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 18:08

Do you think these would be allowed

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stegastrip%C2% ... RydWU&th=1
CAPRI1600L
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 10 17:04

capri1600l wrote: ↑Tue, 7th Jul 2020, 6:08pm Do you think these would be allowed

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stegastrip%C2% ... RydWU&th=1
Bit hard to say. I would just go for the anti climb paint. It's like a thick grease.
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 10 20:49

We use this https://www.rawlinspaints.com/home/safe ... paint.html but it is nothing like what we used to use years ago. This cleans off fairly easy.
Years ago we had PC99 which was murder to get off.
He who can does, he who cannot, teaches.
George Bernard Shaw
Eastcaretaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 11 19:15

We used the anti climb paint on walls fences and roofs really good stuff when putting this up you need to put anti climb signs as a legal requirement my managers not keen on anti climb spikes on the top of walls etc