🚘 Sales of EV cars starting to take off

Chat about Cars, Bikes, Boats, Railways, Minibuses, Tardis or any other type of transportation...

Moderators: jay, inspector, Dragonrider, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2020 07 20:36

🚘 Sales of EV cars starting to take off

Sales of battery electric vehicles (BEVs) increased by 261.8% in June compared to the same month in 2019.

BEVs secured 6.1% of the market share last month, up from 1.1% in 2019.
https://www.current-news.co.uk/news/bat ... rket-share
https://www.zap-map.com/new-electric-ca ... r-in-june/

Annotation 2020-07-07 203547.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
(Truth Without Fear)

Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 08 09:18

Re: 🚘 Sales of EV cars starting to take off

If they can get charging sorted they are worth thinking about, top gear mag are running a Jag EV, went across to France, whole changing system is down, limped home -Shock.png-
New Kia niro looks really nice -Like.png-
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2020 08 11:53

Nigel wrote: ↑Wed, 8th Jul 2020, 9:18am If they can get charging sorted they are worth thinking about, top gear mag are running a Jag EV, went across to France, whole changing system is down, limped home -Shock.png-
New Kia niro looks really nice -Like.png-
I agree, they need to sort out the use of and the reliability of charging stations. Instavolt have just been voted as the most reliable in the UK. They are simple to use, they use a credit or debit card to pay (you don't need to buy cards, sign up to be a member or have complicated apps to use them). I found them the best to use when I went on holiday last year.

As for the Kia e-Niro, I have one on order (Due Nov/Dec). Best range for the price, but still expensive compared to traditional cars. I've put my hand in my pocket... I think this one will be my forever car. I hope it will see me out -Wink.png-

(Truth Without Fear)

Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 08 12:15

thecaretaker wrote: ↑Wed, 8th Jul 2020, 11:53am As for the Kia e-Niro, I have one on order (Due Nov/Dec). Best range for the price, but still expensive compared to traditional cars.
I agree with a lot of people in the know that vehicle manufacturers are hiking up the cost of EV's in order to sell their lower cost inventory of petrol and diesel vehicles first. Thousands of which are being manufactured each day, they have no desire to be stuck with vehicles they cannot sell -Neutral.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it… -Crazy.png-
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2020 08 13:16

Keyolder wrote: ↑Wed, 8th Jul 2020, 12:15pm I agree with a lot of people in the know that vehicle manufacturers are hiking up the cost of EV's in order to sell their lower cost inventory of petrol and diesel vehicles first. Thousands of which are being manufactured each day, they have no desire to be stuck with vehicles they cannot sell -Neutral.png-
Yes, I recently read that. Electric cars should cost no more than petrol or diesel equivalent but car manufacturers are hyping up the price to clear stocks of their cheaper models and to keep the illusion that electric vehicles are somehow more technically advanced and more complex (which truthfully they are not, in many respects they are simpler and cheaper to build).
(Truth Without Fear)

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2020 08 13:25

I also read a leaked email from a main dealer in Spain from the manufacturer (OK it was Kia) that they were not releasing their electric cars (some had 18 month waiting time) as they wanted to hold off until the EU rules came into play where manufacturers would be fined for not meeting their quota of environmental cars. By holding them off, they could then stop the risk of these fines. Customers are now getting their cars and they are coming through thick and fast.

The long delays had nothing to do with any shortage of battery supply as we were all lead to believe.
(Truth Without Fear)

Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 08 13:40

thecaretaker wrote: ↑Wed, 8th Jul 2020, 11:53am I agree, they need to sort out the use of and the reliability of charging stations. Instavolt have just been voted as the most reliable in the UK. They are simple to use, they use a credit or debit card to pay (you don't need to buy cards, sign up to be a member or have complicated apps to use them). I found them the best to use when I went on holiday last year.

As for the Kia e-Niro, I have one on order (Due Nov/Dec). Best range for the price, but still expensive compared to traditional cars. I've put my hand in my pocket... I think this one will be my forever car. I hope it will see me out -Wink.png-

I expect a full report on the Kia -Wink.png-
Do like the look of it and a decent range, couldn't care less who runs charging points just have payment by credit card and no app, it`s not rocket science! with a few companies doing conversions to old/classic cars there are going to be some cracking cars back on the road, unfortunately my budget doesn`t run to ÂŁ300,000 for a Jaguar conversion of an E Type -Scared.png-
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch