Got a problem with the Forum or found a bug? Need help and guidance to make a post...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 16 23:26

Well before everything went pear shape I posted a thread about having to log in every couples of days.
Well I had to log in again. As I said before, I use 5 different forums & this is the only site where I am having to log in. I hope this isn't the start of this site going funny again.
-Kiss.png- I AM A REALIST NOT A PESSOMIST
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Sep 2020 17 05:01

Re: Log in

It sounds like something is deleting the cookie used to remember you. Do you run a clean-up program like CCleaner? You may need to add the cookie to the cookies to keep list.

Are you accessing the site with the same device each time? Are you using the same browser each time?

You might want to check that the browser isn't deleting the cookie along with any temporary files when you close it down.

Did you use the link I provided to clear your existing cookie ucp.php?mode=delete_cookies and log-in afresh?

If you don't regularly use any disk clean-up program, maybe you have a large accumulation of junk files. Some browsers dedicate a specific amount of disk space to store temporary files and if that space has reached its limit the cookie might be getting overwritten by other information it tries to store. I regularly run CCleaner, WiseCleaner and Cleanmgr+ as well as the built in Windows Disk Clean-up utility. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to keeping my system clean.

The only thing on my side that might cause this, is I have been backing up the forum database and restoring it to check that I don't still have any problems. Maybe when I have restored it, it is making you log-in again. But then all users would be complaining of having to log in all the time. If it was a forum issue, then I would be experiencing the same myself.

I tend to think it is something deleting your stored cookie but you need to work out what it is that's deleting it.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Sep 2020 17 05:08

Program... I'm showing my age up now. Guess folk call them Apps these days -Big grin.png-

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 07:21

Thanks ,have just used the link to delete cookies.
I just use my phone to access this site.
Don't use any cleaning tools or anything else.
Occasionally just run Kaspersky antivirus .
So shall see what happens.
-Kiss.png- I AM A REALIST NOT A PESSOMIST
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Proud to be retired
Sep 2020 17 08:56

thecaretaker wrote: Thu, 17th Sep 2020, 5:08am Program... I'm showing my age up now. Guess folk call them Apps these days -Big grin.png-
I can`t get that either, as far as I am concerned, `Programs` it is. -Blush.png-