Remember Me log-in

Get all the latest website & forum news. Tell us what you like and don't like about the site...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jan 2021 29 23:38

Remember Me log-in

When you log-in, you have an option for the forum to 'Remember Me' so you do not have to keep logging in.

These keys were never set to expire (the feature was disabled), so some members have accumulated numerous old log-in keys depending on the devices/locations they had logged in from. Checking my own in the User Control Panel, I had something like 50 active login keys going back many years.

I remember some members saying they kept being logged out. It may be due to the number of expired 'Remember Me' keys they had kept.

You can check your 'Remember Me' keys by going to your User Control Panel, clicking on Profile and at the bottom of the list you'll see Manage 'Remember Me' Login Keys. You can delete old keys there.

I have temporarily set all 'Remember Me' Login Keys to be deleted in 1 day in the hope this will automatically delete any 'Remember Me' Login Keys older than 1 day. It will mean you will need to log-in again after approx 24 hours.

I'd appreciate it if you can confirm that any of your old 'Remember Me' Login Keys have been deleted. You can manually delete any old keys by clicking on the link above.

I'm hoping that the forum will run more smoothly after deleting these unwanted keys and reduce server load. If all goes well, I may set the keys to expire after 1 year so that they don't build up again.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jan 2021 30 09:54

Re: Remember Me log-in

My LOgin Key is just the one I've used to log in this morning, no old ones.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 30 10:17

Dragonrider wrote: 30th Jan 2021 at 9:54am My LOgin Key is just the one I've used to log in this morning, no old ones.
Same here, I normally only login to post though -Like.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jan 2021 30 10:55

Maybe by setting it to 1 day it has already cleared all log-in keys older than 1 day old.

My internet was very slow last night. I think with everybody streaming media the ol' internet is having a job to keep up. I might need to give the router & modem a reboot which I haven't done for a long while now.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired
Jan 2021 30 11:06

I don't use the Remember Me option, and only log in when I need to.