Future plans

This is the forum for residential Caretakers. Discuss your rights, Services, Rent, Moving home...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

lankeyjohn
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 21 19:30

Re: Future plans

I live on site. They are planning to build a new school on the same site and as my bungalow is position at the main gates they are not sure if they will knock it down for access or stick a building on top of it. With no plans to build a home for me and the wife I have been asked to write a report stating the pros and cons of having a caretaker living on site.

Any ideas? -Scared.png-
HANG ON TO YOUR HATS BOYS !!
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 21 21:25

Well I am on site but the council have taken us off the waiting list. -Angry.png-
This is because we have somewhere to live
-Kiss.png- I AM A REALIST NOT A PESSOMIST
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Feb 2021 21 23:26

lankeyjohn wrote: Sun, 21st Feb 2021, 7:30pm I live on site. They are planning to build a new school on the same site and as my bungalow is position at the main gates they are not sure if they will knock it down for access or stick a building on top of it. With no plans to build a home for me and the wife I have been asked to write a report stating the pros and cons of having a caretaker living on site.

Any ideas? -Scared.png-
I assume they mean pros and cons for the school rather than yourself? I guess it depends exactly on what your duties involve etc. but it my area for example it gets more applicants and people who stay on because house prices/rent are so expensive there is one school nearby that converted the school bungalow into a nursery and have been advertising for a caretaker for about 6 months now. Their last guy didn't last long because he immediately jumped ship when a school with a house came up.

Having someone there for security is useful and also if they want someone to do split shifts. I try not to go in during my off-shift but I have occasionally, doubt I ever would if I lived half an hour away.

Good luck, I am sure other people will have some helpful suggestions.