COVID-21

Use this forum to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jun 2021 30 04:08

COVID-21

How long do you think we have before this virus mutates again and a strain which is resistant to the current vaccine takes hold?

Will we have to go through the hell of lockdown again while scientists try to develop a new vaccine to kill it?

Will it take another 12-18 months before we get the new vaccine into peoples?

Will the worlds economy be able to cope with another major outbreak?

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2021 30 08:28

Re: COVID-21

Who knows?

One thing is for sure that the more the current version is in circulation generally then the greater chance of a mutation that is either more deadly or resistant to the current vaccine.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2021 30 08:55

Well it depends on infection rates.

There have been so many cases and the infections have lasted so long that multiple mutations have occurred, with reduced cases mutations are less likely. The virons must replicate to mutate.

Mutations also do not mean that vaccination stops working, it may have reduced effect or the same, or none.

Do not expect not to get Covid, expect a milder version and not to have to go into hospital. There are many variables, the state of your own immune system and how well it reacts and can put the antibodies to work being most important after getting some antibodies from vaccination or Covid itself.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2021 30 09:53

As i said way back on this covid virus subject this covid virus will go on for years to come, part the covid idiots who keep mixing in large numbers and the mutant strains that are evolving, expect to have a covid virus injection booster every year for a number of years yet. -Disappointment.png-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jun 2021 30 10:13

A virus cannot survive without a host, its mission imprinted in the virus DNA is to spread and mutate. I don’t think we will ever see the end of Covid 19, it will always be there in the background trying to survive.
-Scared.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Jun 2021 30 17:20

We do not yet know if the Delta Plus variant is vaccine resistant. But I agree that it is bound to happen. The problem is that none of the vaccines stop us from contracting the virus. They should stop us from getting seriously ill. But as long as the virus can find hosts, it has the opportunity to mutate. So I fear that it is just a matter of time. And I would not be at all surprised if it first appeared in schools.
AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 08 15:02

In time, I think that Covid will move alongside Flu and have similar effects as the population immunity rises.

Covid being new has created the pandemic and as the new strains emerge they will be similarly dealt with as mutations of the Flu virus currently are by the immune system.

How long this will take I don't have a clue, it may take multiple infections, vaccination or otherwise to create a decent immunity to allow covid and its mutations to become flu like in its effect on the health of people.

Until then, the vulnerable and careless will have the most to fear, pandemic wise I think it will taper away with spikes from time to time.
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 08 17:58

My exciting evening is to go to the doctors due to an issue they need to see me- and they currently have at least 18 staff members off with covid and others pinging today as well. looks like I need a full hazard overall to attend- just hope I don't catch it. -Fever.png- -Fever.png-
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 09 09:16

twiglets wrote: 8th Sep 2021 at 5:58pm My exciting evening is to go to the doctors due to an issue they need to see me- and they currently have at least 18 staff members off with covid and others pinging today as well. looks like I need a full hazard overall to attend- just hope I don't catch it. -Fever.png- -Fever.png-
I have mine lol. -Big grin.png-
IMG_0360.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)