Just half a day

The forum home for retired Caretakers. Share your thoughts about retirement and get advice...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Sharky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 22 09:15

Re: Just half a day

Congratulations... Now the Hard work begins! Im sure youll have never seen such a long list as what will be waiting for you.. [Happy.png] Good lucj in all your new adventures [Thumb_up.png]
"Can you just?....."
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Sep 2022 22 09:25

magpie wrote: 22nd Sep 2022 at 8:17am I have been retired just short of 18 months and love the freedom it brings, the not knowing what day it is, the not getting up at 5am
I second this, plus I also forget which day it is? I thought it was just me and the grey matter had started to fail so I’m glad of the secondary reassurance. I really enjoy the leisurely mornings and not having to get up at silly o’clock unless I want to.
[Like.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Caretak3r
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 22 16:50

Enjoy your retirement buddy. Well earned I'm sure.
cockneychris
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 22 19:27

I am always asking what day it is, I don't know why as it doesn't matter ha! I now never get up until 8o/c after 20 years of 4:30. Having said that I now do not get to bed until 12:30 at night where I used to be in bed by 10o/c. Perhaps a nap in the afternoon or early evening and I'm good to go. Thanks for all the good wishes. I've just heard that one of the secretaries will be leaving in a month and I expect the other one will go too, then the place will really fall to pieces.
Don't argue with fools! They'll bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.