Just half a day

The forum home for retired Caretakers. Share your thoughts about retirement and get advice...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

cockneychris
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2021 30 20:10

Just half a day

By 12o/c tomorrow I will be officially retired. I feel a bit apprehensive for the new guy, as I am a premises manager and he will be employed as a caretaker/cleaner in charge, but I can see them trying to get him to do the same work as me for the lower pay. Still by 1 minute past 12 I wont have any say in it. We moved to a little village in Suffolk at the end of July and I have been travelling down for two weeks after my two weeks personal holiday. The funny thing is that I don't think I will miss it much even though I have loved working here and the staff and head have been great. I think it will be a load off of my shoulders to be honest. I will pop in here from time to time to see whats going but I'm sure the other half will have plenty for me to do.
Don't argue with fools! They'll bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Caretakingpoet
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2021 30 21:24

Re: Just half a day

Best of luck to you my friend, wish you every happiness for the future 👍👍👍
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Aug 2021 30 22:50

Congratulations on your retirement cockneychris.

It will take a while to come to terms with retirement, but I always say it was the best move I ever made.

When you no longer wake up early, you look at the clock and wonder where has the day gone and you can't remember what day of the week it is, then and only them can you officially say you can come to terms with retirement. [Big grin.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
hotwheels
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2021 31 07:50

Good on you and Congratulations on your retirement cockneychris so wish it was me I am not jealous ok I am. counting down the days sad really always wanted to work in a school after been here 10 years can not wait to get out should have stayed at my last school. we can not afford fulltime retirement so we will still be working just not here so its not all bad. Enjoy my friend I am 100% sure you deserve to put your feet up. [Like.png]
Buffer
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2021 31 08:18

Enjoy your last morning Chris and have a great retirement just can not imagine how you will feel when you walk out them gates for the last time.
Lazycyclist
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2021 31 08:50

Congratulations Chris, hope you have a long and happy retirement. Don't look back over your shoulder and worry, the school will keep going without you.
welshhunk
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Aug 2021 31 09:15

congrats Chris, i am very envious.
I hope you have a very long and healthy retirement. [Like.png]
wake me up before you gogo.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Aug 2021 31 09:36

Congratulations and good luck. [Success.png]
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]

"It may look like I'm doing nothing but in my head I'm quite busy" [Big grin.png]
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired
Aug 2021 31 09:56

If you thought you were busy before !!! [Like.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2021 31 10:08