EU on brink of collapse

Discussion about Freeview, Freesat, Sky, Virgin Media, Streaming Services, DAB Radio...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Sep 2021 05 18:59

EU on brink of collapse

A story that hasn't been on any TV news station is a story published by the Express.

EU on brink of collapse as even ex-French PM admitted ‘Things could fall apart in months’

Talk of the EU splitting up has grown since the UK left the Union last year, with several member states lined up as potential nations to emulate Brexit. This year post-Brexit Britain’s swift COVID-19 vaccine rollout has been compared to the sluggish distribution of jabs in the EU. The pandemic has further exposed Brussels’ bureaucracy, as well as the fault lines that exist between some member states.

It seems refugees are another issue the EU hasn't got to grips with.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... ritain-spt

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
adonis2
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 05 19:34

Re: EU on brink of collapse

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months, would France and Germany let it fail but the migrant issue is upsetting a lot of people as well as the covid jab issue.

The problem with ex prime ministers is they pop up now and again and like to stick their oar in, just so they are not forgotten about.
hawkwind
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 06 12:44

There's a reason it hasn't been published elsewhere as it's actually a regurgitated article from comments made in 2016.
The Express really only seems to exist now now to spread false information and create hate and division in this country.
Althought it's not on its own, I class The Sun, The Telegraph and the Daily mail all the same.
They can't fire me. Slaves have to be sold.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Sep 2021 06 12:48

hawkwind wrote: 6th Sep 2021 at 12:44pm There's a reason it hasn't been published elsewhere as it's actually a regurgitated article from comments made in 2016.
The Express really only seems to exist now now to spread false information and create hate and division in this country.
Althought it's not on its own, I class The Sun, The Telegraph and the Daily mail all the same.
-Like.png-
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Sep 2021 06 14:35

There is hardly (if any) mainstream media that isn't hugely about following an agenda and very light on actual facts. So many headlines are clickbait and pronounce something as definite and then you look at the article and it turns out to be the opinion of one scientist, politician, economist etc.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]

"It may look like I'm doing nothing but in my head I'm quite busy" [Big grin.png]