Changed browser

Discussion about Wi-Fi, Routers, Computers, Windows, Mobile Phones, Software, Hardware...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Oct 2021 21 13:12

Changed browser

For years, I have used Firefox as my preferred browser. But for several months, I have had issues with links not always opening first time. I've spent more time than is healthy trying to get to the bottom of why this is happening.

I've tracked it down to the adblockers. I've tried several, but all of them seem to have some unusual effect on the browser. If I remove the adblockers completely, Firefox seems to work normally. It seems in recent months they have added various security tricks to make your browsing safe by stopping trackers and deceptive content and dangerous downloads happening. It seems there is a conflict between the built-in features and that of the various adblockers.

So, I decided to use Microsoft's own Edge Browser built into Windows 10. It was able to import all my usernames and passwords used in Firefox (all 147 of them). I've installed UBlock Origin which was my preferred adblocker in Firefox and all seems to be working well. It does seem a bit more nimble.

It will take a bit of a learning curve finding the various options in settings. Just took me a while to find out how to get Edge to check my spelling when filling out a post (this post) on the forum. But I got there.

When running things like CCleaner, I forgot to tell it not to delete all my passwords. But was able to import them all again.

Only downside I've found so far are the icon sizes at the top of the browser. They are very small in Edge and there doesn't seem to be any way of making them bigger. But I can get used to that.

What is your favourite browser of choice?

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 21 14:50

Re: Changed browser

chrome works well for me in windows 10
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired
Oct 2021 21 16:17

FF, Works for me.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Oct 2021 21 16:22

I've used Edge for a while now, I also use Chrome and Firefox but prefer Edge.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.