Covid Booster

Use this forum to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Nov 2021 08 13:37

Re: Covid Booster

Booked mine for next Friday, 10 miles away but I live in the middle of nowhere -Big grin.png-
You have to wait 6 months after 2nd jab to have a booster but they will take bookings 5 months since 2nd jab.
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Nov 2021 08 21:35

I had my booster last Friday and it appeared on the NHS app today so no problems here -Thumb_up-
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
skirbeck
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 09 08:48

i used the NHS website last night & got mine booked for November 30th (earliest possible, as my second jab was June 1st)
anyone over 50 can now book if it's been at least 5 months since your second jab.
Knights of Skirbeck Medieval re-enactment, not so much a hobby as a way of life!
I'm so old fashioned, outside work I'm either in the 15th or 19th centuries! (Medieval or steampunk, which is best?)
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 09 09:08

Had my booster on Saturday at my local health centre. Whilst I was waiting for the required 15 minutes after the injection there were two separate incidents of men, in their 50's or 60's, barging past the young lady in attendance so they didn't have to wait the 15 minutes. It was nice that a few people consoled her but it beggars belief that some people behave in such a way. (Maybe the idea that rules can be circumvented is catching on!)
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 09 10:04

Dexter wrote: 9th Nov 2021 at 9:08am Had my booster on Saturday at my local health centre. Whilst I was waiting for the required 15 minutes after the injection there were two separate incidents of men, in their 50's or 60's, barging past the young lady in attendance so they didn't have to wait the 15 minutes. It was nice that a few people consoled her but it beggars belief that some people behave in such a way. (Maybe the idea that rules can be circumvented is catching on!)
Disgusting behaviour that their life is so busy they cannot sit and just relax for 15 minutes, they may well have an adverse reaction while driving to where ever they need to be in a hurry and cause an accident that may well involve other innocent people, muppets they are. -Angry.png-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 09 12:07

Dexter wrote: 9th Nov 2021 at 9:08am Had my booster on Saturday at my local health centre. Whilst I was waiting for the required 15 minutes after the injection there were two separate incidents of men, in their 50's or 60's, barging past the young lady in attendance so they didn't have to wait the 15 minutes. It was nice that a few people consoled her but it beggars belief that some people behave in such a way. (Maybe the idea that rules can be circumvented is catching on!)
This also happened whilst waiting 15 minutes after I had my booster, one man was arguing with the nurse on why he had to wait 15 minutes before leaving. It got loud and unnecessary until he pushed past her almost running out of the waiting room?
-Disappointment.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Nov 2021 10 11:38

Just had my booster this morning. 10 nurse stations for the jabs, 2 lines of patients queuing one being let in at a time from each queue. Then you sat in a single queue moving up the chairs one at a time. Had my jab. Must have been 70-80 odd spaced out chairs for the waiting area. Nobody checking if people were waiting out the 15 mins.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Nov 2021 28 08:55

Finally got mine this morning, boy was it a COLD walk up to the local Health Centre! But once there, the queue was out into the car park, even though we had a specific time to appear, obviously, so did a lot of other people for the same time.

Got in, strangely, my side of the practice wasn't open, but the other side was, and they were great, got my jab and was asked to sit for 15 minutes afterwards. Warned tomorrow I'd probably feel it more, if so, take a couple of paracetamol and keep warm. (Easier said than done at the moment)!

As with CT, no one checking that we waited for the 15 minute period, but we were all adults so surely could be trusted to time ourselves? Which everyone there did, now just to wait for the painful arm to kick in especially when I try to sleep, laying on the jabbed arm!
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired
Nov 2021 28 10:19

The card given at the time of having the booster could possibly, be evidence.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 28 10:55

Had a reaction after the booster jab in so far as i had stomach pians real bad and was sick a couple of times but next day right as rain but could still feel the arm though, that took a few days to pass, the wife had hers and no reaction what so ever. -Success.png-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)