Google Account Two Step Verification 9 November

Discussion about Wi-Fi, Routers, Computers, Windows, Mobile Phones, Software, Hardware...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Nov 2021 02 18:01

Google Account Two Step Verification 9 November

Google are forcing everybody to use Two Step Verification from 9 November.

If you have a Google Account and usually check your Gmail/Google Mail account from Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or any other 3rd Party Email client, you will need to tell Google which email client you are using. You will have a specific password for that client.

Details can be set up in your Google Account online. Use this website for instructions: https://tehnoblog.org/google-account-2- ... mail-apps/

Scroll down about half way until you see the section: Google Account Two Step Verification – How To Enable Access To Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird & 3rd Party Email Apps

Screenshot 2021-11-02 180526.png

You will need to have set up your Two Step Verification before setting this up.

Talk about going through hoops... -JawDropped.png-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Nov 2021 02 21:09

Re: Google Account Two Step Verification 9 November

I know it's a security issue that we should all use, but when the account is an office one so we can send files between the office computers as we are not allowed to network them, it's going to be fun with multiple users...
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Nov 2021 03 09:45

Re: Google Account Two Step Verification 9 November

It is a pain for a single user, let alone multiple users.

I don't know how far this goes. I was logged into Google Play and was able to install an app to my phone from my PC without Two Step Verification. I can also see the files on my Google One account without an additional log-in. Maybe this only applies to the phone if you need to pay for something using a Google account (not sure if I have ever had to do that, maybe I did pay for a couple of apps I downloaded many moons ago).

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)