Win 11

Discussion about Wi-Fi, Routers, Computers, Windows, Mobile Phones, Software, Hardware...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired
Nov 2021 03 18:15

Re: Win 11

Two hours later all done, with all my old files and settings intact.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Nov 2021 03 20:15

inspector wrote: 3rd Nov 2021 at 6:15pm Two hours later all done, with all my old files and settings intact.
Sounds good -Like.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
JonOfham
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 03 20:34

Well I tried using my laptop earlier. Haven't used it for a while, but I need to get my business website sorted.
Already had the domain name, purchased the hosting on my phone but obviously Photoshop and Dreamweaver are on the laptop.
Turn it on, log in. Go to type an email and realise a couple of keys aren't working. Take the keys off, clean underneath, spend an age trying to get them back on...it's a right pain in the backside. Then it still doesn't work. I test all the other keys and it turns out about 8 weren't working. So gotta take the laptop apart.

Take it all apart to check the keyboard for faulty traces etc. In doing so when I unplug the touchpad ribbon cable, the little clip that holds it in breaks in half....
Get the keyboard out (it's plastic riveted in) and turns out it's not the kind you can pull apart to check traces.

So now I have to wait for a week for replacement keyboard AND touchpad.
It definitely won't be running Windows 11 now!! -Mad.png-