Covid- how's the school fairing?

Use this forum to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Nov 2021 17 22:27

Re: Covid- how's the school fairing?

Our disco was last Friday and this week numbers have more than doubled, they're now planning the X mas fair to be held as normal, so in all classrooms, the hall and outside, get ready for a new year's explosion of cases 🙄
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Nov 2021 18 10:33

Stiggy wrote: ↑17th Nov 2021 at 10:27pm Our disco was last Friday and this week numbers have more than doubled, they're now planning the X mas fair to be held as normal, so in all classrooms, the hall and outside, get ready for a new year's explosion of cases 🙄
I must admit, that I am really grateful I no longer work in a school! I was treat so badly by a new head and new “management team” that I walked out a few years back. I then had a couple of strokes which has made me very vulnerable to COVID, so I, unlike this government who seem to have given up trying to control the spread, still do my best to keep my distance from others and am tested monthly for COVID by the ONS/Oxford Uni and have managed to stay clear of infection.
I fear that because this dreadful government has given up, many otherwise educated people seem to think it’s all over, even though England has the highest daily death rate in Europe. Getting off soapbox now, sorry. -Scared.png-
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 18 15:04

Dragonrider wrote: ↑18th Nov 2021 at 10:33am I must admit, that I am really grateful I no longer work in a school! I was treat so badly by a new head and new “management team” that I walked out a few years back. I then had a couple of strokes which has made me very vulnerable to COVID, so I, unlike this government who seem to have given up trying to control the spread, still do my best to keep my distance from others and am tested monthly for COVID by the ONS/Oxford Uni and have managed to stay clear of infection.
I fear that because this dreadful government has given up, many otherwise educated people seem to think it’s all over, even though England has the highest daily death rate in Europe. Getting off soapbox now, sorry. -Scared.png-
Completely with you there Dragonrider.

All those warnings of the spread through schools were brushed under the carpet and it seems like the vulnerable are disposable to this government.

You stay safe -Thumb_up-
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 18 15:52

I had a positive result last week and am due back tomorrow but I doubt I will be up to it. Last I knew we had more off with covid than at any time in the last year. Not surprising really. Schools are obviously an easy target for viruses despite the governments claims
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 18 16:58

greenjack wrote: ↑18th Nov 2021 at 3:52pm I had a positive result last week and am due back tomorrow but I doubt I will be up to it. Last I knew we had more off with covid than at any time in the last year. Not surprising really. Schools are obviously an easy target for viruses despite the governments claims
Hope you are better soon Greenjack.

Schools: natures breeding ground for viruses..
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]