Testing testing 1 2 3

Discussion about Wi-Fi, Routers, Computers, Windows, Mobile Phones, Software, Hardware...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Dec 2021 11 17:19

Testing testing 1 2 3

Had to buy a new mouse, mouse mat and keyboard as I wore my old ones out. First post using new keyboard... [Big grin.png]

20211211_171400.jpg
20211211_171412.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 11 17:47

Re: Testing testing 1 2 3

Looking good and it works [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_grin.gif]

I just splashed out and bought a Microsoft Surface Go 2 tablet and keyboard as an early --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- present to myself. My laptop tablet and desktop machines are all over 10 or more years old now and really past their sell by date. They are also officially not Windows 11 upgradable, and I quite like Windows 11.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/d/surfa ... verviewtab
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2021 11 18:10

Re: Testing testing 1 2 3

Keyolder wrote: 11th Dec 2021 at 5:47pm Looking good and it works [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_grin.gif]

I just splashed out and bought a Microsoft Surface Go 2 tablet and keyboard as an early --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- present to myself. My laptop tablet and desktop machines are all over 10 or more years old now and really past their sell by date. They are also officially not Windows 11 upgradable, and I quite like Windows 11.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/d/surfa ... verviewtab
That looks very smart. My new mouse and keyboard cost me £72 on Amazon (Don't tell the wife or I'd be in the dog house). The mouse mat was £3.99.

My old keyboard had a wide material front (wrist rest) which just seemed to collect crumbs and stains. I'd scrubbed it many times but it was looking very shabby. The keys were getting dodgy too. But I had it for many years. The mouse mat was thread bare and after rinsing it, developed a large split down the middle. The mouse, although it had gone shiny was still working. I've given it to the Mrs for her laptop. I hate her laptop, especially the mouse pad and the way the cursor jumps around. If the arrow moves too fast across the screen it seems to vanish and I have to spend time working out where it has gone. Hopefully a mouse will make it more PC like.

It's money I can't afford, but seeing in these COVID times I spend a lot of time at home on the PC, I need it to work correctly.

I'm dreading the day this PC gives up the ghost. So much has changed, there won't be much I could salvage. The SSD drives will be OK, but the graphics card is very old now and doesn't have Display Ports which most new monitors have. The memory is old hat now too. Hopefully it will keep going until I start to draw my old age pension (That's 2 years away). [Blush.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)