Somewhere Street

Discussion about Freeview, Freesat, Sky, Virgin Media, Streaming Services, DAB Radio...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jan 2022 09 11:37

Somewhere Street

Has anybody watched Somewhere Street on NKG World? It is a regular programme which they must have made 100's.

Basically, a Japanese girl visits a different country and walks the streets. I really don't know if this programme is for adults or kids. The way the presenter talks, I'd guess it was for kids. But I'm getting to think from some of the content it is actually for adults. Maybe this is the way Japanese people like presenters to talk.

This is an example of 100's of shows. I find it a very odd programme but somehow it makes you keep watching. Maybe I'm just waiting to see how daft the presenter will go or I'm waiting for one of the residents to punch her patronising face [Big grin.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 09 16:36

Re: Somewhere Street

Not heard or seen it to be honest CT, watched the video and see what you are talking about.

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jan 2022 09 17:48

EBJ wrote: 9th Jan 2022 at 4:36pm Not heard or seen it to be honest CT, watched the video and see what you are talking about.
It is very odd. Reminds me of the way some teachers speak to support staff. [Wink.png]

I hope you don't mind, I've separated your original post and added it as a post in its own right. It's very interesting m8 [Thumb_up.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 10 07:51

Japanese culture can be very odd indeed and the male way of thinking is that ladies should be small and petite, unfortunately this has lead to the current generation leading into almost childlike imitation and a very peculiar way that girls / young women act and talk.

It is very bizarre.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 10 08:44

I wonder if the language is to help non english speakers understand english, but seems very childish to natural english speakers..