Salary review time

This is the forum for residential Caretakers. Discuss your rights, Services, Rent, Moving home...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

grumpy1
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Jan 2022 20 08:26

Re: Salary review time

What a result, sounds like a really good job and you have a boss that listens to you. [Thumb_up.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 20 08:27

ash70 wrote: 20th Jan 2022 at 8:12am this is a lovely outcome but could someone just tell me what a salary review is
[Big grin.png] [Big grin.png]

It's where they tell you they have no money left and you wages won't go up this year (or next, or next)
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Jan 2022 20 09:10

Well done and it sound like they must appreciate you to get a result like that. [Thumb_up.png]
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]

"It may look like I'm doing nothing but in my head I'm quite busy" [Big grin.png]
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 20 14:01

ash70 wrote: 20th Jan 2022 at 8:12am this is a lovely outcome but could someone just tell me what a salary review is
It's where you ask for a pay rise because they get more than their monies worth, they go away and "forget" it because of covid.
hotwheels
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 26 09:10

As a residential caretaker I am expected to be on 24hr call older school the bells are going off regular in the middle of the night. when I am off I ignore my phone otherwise they always ring with delivery's /problems. We pay full rent council tax and all the other stuff. I have never worked it out but it must be around £750 a month in bills if not more. I get a pay rise April time same month the rent goes up normally a few quid more than the pay rise. I say pay rise so small I have never noticed the difference monthly. I know a lot goes on what end of the country your in for rent etc but add 800 onto your wage to roughly work out what you would be getting not residential. win win if your not paying any bills minimum wage happy in the job don't rock the boat. but don't let them walk all over you either like most jobs set out your boundary's [Like.png]