Total disrespect

This is the forum for residential Caretakers. Discuss your rights, Services, Rent, Moving home...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2022 16 15:36

Re: Total disrespect

grumpy1 wrote: 16th Feb 2022 at 10:46am Sounds like a typical SLT, no thought and consideration for anyone else. To busy trying to make themselves and the school look good, that they can't take into account the welfare of one of the most important people in the school. The one person they all run to in times of trouble.
I had a phone call yesterday when i was on my lunch break from a member of the PTFA. They want to organize an event in May, had the HT or AHT spoken to me about it ( no, but i saw it on the latest newsletter. ) I'm filling out the booking form for it, we were going to do the event a couple of years ago when your predecessor was here but the pandemic stopped it. They ( the people doing the event ) would like access to the site on the Saturday to set up, stay onsite over night for the event on the Sunday, stay over night Sunday to do workshops with the kids on Monday when they will pack up and leave. Is it possible for them to have access to the building to use the facilities, could they run a cable from the building to run a generator, would they be able to get a water supply. And who would be sorting it out, oh yes, that will be me. And what overtime do i get for it, i don't we can't afford overtime. Time off in lieu again [Mad.png]
Last time we had the PTA stay over for an event there were noise complaints bottles everywhere the bins were overflowing with all the "party nite" rubbish they had bought and the previous site manager was called late at night because the loo roll had run out in the staff loo!

The head said never again they totally took the Michael and the event didn't even raise much funds for the school (probably spent it all on food and booze for the night before).
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
untyull
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Feb 2022 16 17:05

Blinkin eck Stiggy, I dont know how your head hasnt popped.
I dont think anybody could have put up with that lot. Look at the title of your post and I dont think anything else had to be added.
Hope it all turns out right for you Stiggy
LIVING THE DREAM
Living the dream
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2022 16 18:42

untyull wrote: 16th Feb 2022 at 5:05pm Blinkin eck Stiggy, I dont know how your head hasnt popped.
I dont think anybody could have put up with that lot. Look at the title of your post and I dont think anything else had to be added.
Hope it all turns out right for you Stiggy
LIVING THE DREAM
Thanks untyull, it's the closest I've ever come to a complete meltdown, I'm OK now, the anger helplessness has subsided, still feeling a bit sad/down but the holiday club have been good and are keeping to their areas, they are still an imposition so far as I no longer have free reign to blast music throughout the building while I work and I have to go around the school rather than through the hall but I can live with that, just not happy about having to go back to check everything and lock up at the end of the day
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2022 17 07:51

Well, to my surprise I opened my emails this morning to find that my annual leave request for the whole of the Easter break has been authorised.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2022 17 08:05

Stiggy wrote: 17th Feb 2022 at 7:51am Well, to my surprise I opened my emails this morning to find that my annual leave request for the whole of the Easter break has been authorised.
Good!

Enjoy your break it sounds like you may need it.. [Thumb_up.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2022 17 10:46

Vera wrote: 17th Feb 2022 at 8:05am Good!

Enjoy your break it sounds like you may need it.. [Thumb_up.png]
My line manager said she approved it without waiting for the HT, she 100% has my back and is not happy about all of this so is going to bring it up with the CEO and executive heads, it's not just me being treated like this, it's all of the site managers and it needs to stop.
seedfut06
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2022 17 11:35

Wow! glad that has been authorised. I needed an extra day off un paid (today) as having work done and need to clear kitchen at home. I had one day holiday left so booked friday. Head mistress said i was too vital so have to be in today even though it wouldnt cost them anything. Said thats ok then as long as i can bring my 8 year old in as would be also looking after him. Luckily his sister came home from uni and doing that duty. All my work done by yesterday so guess what I'm doing -very little today.
We can have 3 or four teachers off at once but me or the cleaner panic sets in.
I used to live on a national trust site at the gates. Once they were locked that was it. Often the upper class chv would poll up after being locked in and honk for me to come and unlock beyond 7pm. Guess what, I listened from some part of the grounds miles away. People seem to have the idea if you do live on site its "just pop and do this will you" er no its my time I'm not paid for it: tough.
Skoolkeeper
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Caretaker
Feb 2022 17 12:36

Some things will never change, glad I was asked to leave and accepted their offer. Another lovely day in Torrevieja Spain today. [Cool.png]
untyull
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2022 17 14:24

Really chuffed for you Stiggy [Success.png]
Go get yourself a load of eggys and have a right good choccy binge. Its nice to know some people care [Success.png] [Success.png]
LIVING THE DREAM
Living the dream
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2022 18 17:06

This sort of SLT behaviour - and particularly that of the HT, does not even surprise me anymore. This sort of arrogant contempt & going over our heads without even the good manners to speak to us seems to be par for the course. It was already well underway when I retired 8 years ago. I hate to think how bad things have got in schools these days. I am glad that most of my time in academia was in the days when Heads knew how to treat people decently.