Another baseball question for Trout

Discuss all types of sport from Football, Rugby, Golf, F1, Horse Racing, Keeping fit and Gyms...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Mar 2022 03 20:08

Another baseball question for Trout

What is this I hear that there may be no MLB games this year?
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2022 04 18:22

Re: Another baseball question for Trout

Sorry to take so long to answer bro. It's been a horrendous week although it did help I spent last week (term break) in Spain.
Since Dec. there have been negotiations between MLB (Major League Baseball) and the MLBPA (Major League Baseball Players Association) which is the players union. They have not come to any agreement and missed 3 deadlines so far. Spring training was supposed to start last month with the first training game on the 26th. Just this week, they missed another deadlin to make an agreement so opening day, which was to be 30h March has now been pushed back to April 7th (I think).
It all boiles down to the union wanting big money demands and not willing to compromise.
This only effects North American teams so, I can still catch games and scores from Japan and S. Korea and other leagues.
If you want to see a good team in the KBO then check out my favorite, the Doosan Bears.
There will be baseball as the players are not getting paid without playing so something will happen and I hope soon.
Hope this answers your question.
Go O's.
https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mlbpa-cba- ... ons-update
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 24 19:14

What is the World Baseball Classic, for which Team GB has apparently qualified this week? And is there any danger that we will get beyond the first round?
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Sep 2022 25 13:03

Drone wrote: 24th Sep 2022 at 7:14pm What is the World Baseball Classic, for which Team GB has apparently qualified this week? And is there any danger that we will get beyond the first round?
The World Classic is baseballs version of the World Cup in soccer. Yes, y'all done good beating France, Germany and Spain. This qualifies you to play in the classic. The games were held in Regemnsburg Ge. for this first group with the next group being played in Panama City and then another group playing in Japan. The Classic will be played in March 2023.
As far as having a chance, heck yes you have a chance. You scored very good (double digit) in your games this time. BTW, as far a chance just look at Isrial in 2017. They made it up to the semi finals. And before you say anything, the U.S.A has only won it 1 time. Japan has the most wins.

https://www.mlb.com/world-baseball-classic

Good luck and Go O's.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 25 13:08

Many thanks, Trout [Thumb_up.png]