Alexa Echo Dot 3

Discussion about Wi-Fi, Routers, Computers, Windows, Mobile Phones, Software, Hardware...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 30 08:55

Alexa Echo Dot 3

I have a new Echo Dot and i am strugeling to pair it to my Windows 11 lap top, i downloaded the Alexa App as required and made sure Blue Tooth was on but no matter how i try Echo Dot says "Unable to connect to the internet" or words to that affect. The wifi signal is strong and all other Blue Tooth devices are turned off so it should find the Echo Dot, i have no clue now what so ever not being techno wise so do any of you guys use one and may be of assistance. [Disappointment.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2022 30 09:31

Re: Alexa Echo Dot 3

I had an echo Show, so can't really help as you don't need the app for that. I assume you followed the instruction video?

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 30 12:14

Hi CT, followed the instructions with no luck, however i went back into my blue tooth setting and found the tick box to discover new Bluetooth devices was off , so i now have the echo dot discovered and showing so and that it says it is paired, BUT, Alexa is still saying "having a problem connecting to the internet", so not sure what is happening. [Disappointment.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
grumpy1
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Mar 2022 30 14:37

EBJ wrote: 30th Mar 2022 at 12:14pm Hi CT, followed the instructions with no luck, however i went back into my blue tooth setting and found the tick box to discover new Bluetooth devices was off , so i now have the echo dot discovered and showing so and that it says it is paired, BUT, Alexa is still saying "having a problem connecting to the internet", so not sure what is happening. [Disappointment.png]
Does your schools internet security allow you to connect these devices. I can connect my phone to the schools wifi, but it denies me access to the internet.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2022 30 15:42

If you have connected to the correct wifi and entered the correct password, you might have to 'accept' the echo dot's connection on the router if it is set to block all new devices. It doesn't use bluetooth to access the internet, only to communicate with the device.

Sounds like you are almost there m8 [Like.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)