Just tested positive

Use this forum to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Mar 2022 31 12:35

Re: Just tested positive

ONS stats show that the virus has peaked in Northern Ireland & is now on the downward curve. The rest of the UK is a couple of weeks behind. So the figures over her should start to go down soon. I noticed that the photos of the remembrance service for Prince Philip showed hardly anyone wearing masks. Like yourself, CT, I have been isolating as much as possible. I have a dodgy ticker & diabetes. But there is a strong current of medical opinion now that suggests that we are all going to get Omicron BA2 at some point. It is apparently more contagious than measles. If we are bound to get it anyway, argues the same medical opinion, it is better to get it while we are still enjoying some protection from the vaccination programme. In any event, CT, I hope that you are soon on the mend.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2022 31 14:22

Take care CT [Thumb_up.png] I’m sure in a few days and you’ll be right as 9 pence (pre 15/02/1971) or 4p (post 15/02/1971) [Big grin.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 31 15:01

Take care CT, i had it in January and was lucky that it was really no more than a runny nose. I didn't get 2 clear tests until day 9 but i just stayed home in the warm so would advise you do the same. Hope you feel better soon
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 31 16:34

You should be fine boss. Like others have said, this variant is not as bad as the initial one. You might have a couple of bad days, then be on the mend. Put your feet up and enjoy being looked after (if you can get away with that!) I hope your parents are OK. They should be if you were not showing positive at the time. I sat for a full evening next to my sister-in laws mum aged 84 and then I tested positive 10 hours later. She was fine! She has had it since and she was OK after about 5 days herself. Crack open the Easter Eggs a bit early. [Big grin.png] [Big grin.png]
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mar 2022 31 19:52

Great minds think alike.

Felt a bit rough on Tuesday, tested neg.
Tested again, and positive. Grrrr.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 31 23:00

Take care boss.
Rest up and I hope you come through alright.
The same goes for mum.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Apr 2022 01 03:39

Thanks guys and gals for your comments.

Unable to lie down at the moment, when I go to bed my sinuses block up (can't breath) and I can't stop coughing, so sat upright in a chair all night. I did drop off for a while. Getting up, going to the loo all seems an effort. Taking lots of Paracetamol which seem to help, Covonia for the chest and tickly throat.

Tried all day to get some more lateral flow tests from the government website, but it says “Sorry, there are no home delivery slots left for rapid lateral flow tests right now".

From today, they are no longer free, so I can't check when I am free of the virus (unless I spend £2 for a single test in Boots). I think the government have made a mistake doing this so soon. People won't know if they are infectious or not anymore and will just be spreading it everywhere they go.

Oh, I can't go to Boots myself to buy a lateral flow test either. Government says "Do not go to places like a GP surgery, hospital or a pharmacy". Thank God I don't live alone.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2022 01 08:00

Sorry to hear that you are suffering from it CT. Hope your symptoms disappear quickly and family members remain untouched by it.

Track and trace was an absolute waste of time and money but I think that the lateral flow tests have been an overwhelming success. I agree that they have been removed far too soon for the reason that you gave but also for testing before meeting elderly relatives. We've kept some back for this purpose.
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired
Apr 2022 01 11:29

thecaretaker wrote: 1st Apr 2022 at 3:39am Thanks guys and gals for your comments.

Tried all day to get some more lateral flow tests from the government website, but it says “Sorry, there are no home delivery slots left for rapid lateral flow tests right now".

From today, they are no longer free, so I can't check when I am free of the virus (unless I spend £2 for a single test in Boots). I think the government have made a mistake doing this so soon. People won't know if they are infectious or not anymore and will just be spreading it everywhere they go.

Oh, I can't go to Boots myself to buy a lateral flow test either. Government says "Do not go to places like a GP surgery, hospital or a pharmacy". Thank God I don't live alone.
here you go CT,
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technol ... d=winp2oct
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Apr 2022 01 11:44

inspector wrote: 1st Apr 2022 at 11:29am here you go CT,
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technol ... d=winp2oct
Yay, I can get the wife to pick them up when she does the weekly shopping. [Like.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)