Just tested positive

Use this forum to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2022 31 08:51

Just tested positive

I've got a soar throat, tight chest and a runny nose. I tested yesterday and it was clear, so assumed it was just a cold/flu. Felt a bit worse this morning, so did another test and I've got 2 lines.

Considering I've not been out in public. I did visit my 90 year old parents on Tuesday (who are both fine) and did give my mum a kiss on the cheek as I left. I'm now worrying about them more than me. [Angry.png]

I did have a few Amazon deliveries but not been in contact with anyone. I guess it is possible I picked it up off a delivery box I suppose although unlikely. This latest mutation must be really contagious, nobody has been isolating more than me.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 31 09:29

Re: Just tested positive

get well soon boss........ its now generally accepted that airborne transmission is most likely so likely you picked it up on Tuesday rather than a package. keep safe and hope mum is good too. [Success.png]
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired
Mar 2022 31 09:31

Get we soon CT, lock yourself in the spare room until cleared.
wonderwoman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 31 09:38

Oh no
Take care lots going around at the mo.

I had similar symptoms two weeks ago with a cracking head ache but tested and tested nothing a couple of people at work same symptoms where positive.

I'm sure you parents will be fine if they are anything like my parents they are made of sturn stuff.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 31 09:43

I am sure your arents will be fine CT as their generation have a far better immune system than the young generation of today have as for you CT stay safe and isolate once more and i am sure you will be OK. [Thumb_up.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
seedfut06
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 31 09:49

Take it easy. My cleaner tested positive, was really rough, BM kept calling wanting to know when she would be in. BM had it week before and i had an argument ant out come was it was our fault because we had a job where we couldnt work form home. She did so my cleanr should be in. My cleaner wasnt fit -dropped off shopping to he. Then i get it again as well. no positive test.
Obelix27
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 31 10:00

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully your symptoms will be very mild and you will soon be on the road to recovery.

I returned to work 3 days ago after testing positive 10 days before. The first few days were the worse but it wasn't too bad. I just dosed up on paracetamol which made a big difference.
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2022 31 10:22

Oh boy!

Keep yourself safe and warm CT, drink plenty of fluids but limit the amount of painkillers you take, you know they have side effects that stop you going to the loo!
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Mar 2022 31 10:41

I got it in December 2 weeks after booster jab!, nose started running Saturday mid afternoon, did lateral flow test Sunday morning as feeling rubbish, then a PCR, positive result on Monday and 10 days off, felt rubbish and I was burning up.
On the Saturday morning I had taken Mum shopping and sat in the car with her for about an hour, I was panicking that she had got it but she was fine [Thumb_up.png] I had done a lateral flow test on the Friday and it was negative!
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
beagle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2022 31 11:33

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Somehow I have managed to avoid it, but it will catch up with everyone sooner or later. Luckily the recent strains have been a lot milder.
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".