Lookie what we got!

Share your photographs with other forum members. Discuss photography and equipment...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jul 2022 13 16:32

Lookie what we got!

I spotted this delightful pair in my neighbour's front garden this afternoon, apparently, they use my garden too!

Hedgehog1.jpg
Hedgehog3.jpg

Also in my back garden earlier, a rather scruffy bovver boy!

robin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Jul 2022 13 17:39

Re: Lookie what we got!

I love hedgehogs [Happy.png] need everyone to have a hedgehog size hole in their fence so that hedgehogs can travel between gardens.
I have sunk a bowl in the ground with stones in it in case a hogs falls in and I also have a Belfast sink as a pond, I have to top both up daily as so much water gets drunk.
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2022 13 22:32

You are lucky to have such wildlife in your garden. I've get a lot of foxes. Not seen any Hedgehogs. We have a lot of Kites flying over the marshes behind us.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2022 14 08:20

Apparently, we have four, unfortunately, it looks like the parents have been killed as they seem to have been abandoned and are suffering from the heat. My neighbour's daughter-in-law works at the local vet and has asked us to keep our eyes open and if possible, gather them up for rescue.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.