Footwear

New to our forum? This is the board to introduce yourself. Say hello to other members...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Monkey
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2022 24 09:06

Re: Footwear

Thanks so much for all the advice.
The head has said there will be mandatory courses such as risk assessment, asbestos, fire and first aid etc and I can ask for any others I want or feel I might need to do so I'm going to try and get some basic electrician/plumbing/joinery type stuff under my belt too, can do and have experience of most stuff but no formal qualifications on things like that so I'm going to milk it for all it's worth.

Will get myself some basic comfortable footwear and let them get me all PPE rather than taking my own in.

So glad to have found this forum, was panicking a little with all the questions I hadn't asked yet 😅
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Oct 2022 25 10:41

My best advice bro would be, if it's a course then take it! Don't matter what it is, just the edumacation, cert. and note on your CV will be good.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Oct 2022 27 10:16

My recommendation for footwear would be Scarpa Mojitos GTX. They are the best shoes in the world!!

They take me up the fells here in the Lake District no problem, they are comfortable for wearing all day round the school, they have great grip on the soles for when you are up ladders etc, they are Gore Tex lined so litter picking across a sodden field is no probs your feet stay toasty and dry, the laces go all the way to your toes so you can adjust the fit to your foot perfectly, and they look good too. Well worth a look.
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.