Replacement Windows

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Hutch1066
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 16 16:31

Replacement Windows

I have been asked to set the wheels in motion to source replacement windows for our aging Ali framed windows and doors.I usually look to use local companies where I can but seems the job is to much for them.So my question is has anyone used a more commercial company recently that would service the South East area that they could recommend.Any advice welcome
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 16 16:37

Re: Replacement Windows

I would guess that for a whole school replacement window project you will be worth a more than a local sign off, and quite possibly require a full tender process.

I would check your school/Trust procurement policy.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!
Hutch1066
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 16 16:41

Thanks Eddy still waiting for call back,but thought if I could get recommendations it would give me so feedback
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 16 17:03

Feature Fabrications in Eastbourne did ours but it was controlled by county as it was the whole school
ric70
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 16 17:33

we use Wessex windows (joedan commercial divison)
They do nearly all westsussex schools
Not cheap though
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 16 17:34

You could opt for a rolling programme of replacement spaced out over the term breaks, it would ease the strain on the school site as well.
That would put it back into the territory of larger local window companies. if they know it all doesn't have to be all in one hit.

Worth looking into. [Thumb_up.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 16 19:09

I might have some recommendations, but how many windows are we talking about? We have had most of our windows done over the past couple of years but had it done in phases. The company we use says the problem they and a lot of other companies are delays in manufacture and delivery, so that orders are now taking several times longer than they would a few years ago. Also the price from the suppliers is rising rapidly so that by the time a decision is made on large project their quote is no longer realistic.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 17 07:42

Worth a quick check - are you a local authority school or an academy?

If academy, CIF funding bids due in December and it could go in as one.
PAUL.C
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 17 10:33

We've recently had some Ali doors replaced used CMC ALLUMINIUM SYSTEMS LIMITED very pleased with the products and service. They are based in Dronfield. https://cmcaluminium.co.uk/
Is it that TIME already
Hutch1066
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 21 17:44

Many thanks for the recommendations guys, going to push it upstairs and let area manager sort tenders