Tied accommodation

This is the forum for residential Caretakers. Discuss your rights, Services, Rent, Moving home...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

halarider
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 24 22:39

Tied accommodation

Good evening. I know others read these forums so I wont go into details. Has anyone been TUPE'd over from LA to an acadamy and then been told that the tenancy agreement doesnt get TUPE'd over with your job, even though its a requirement to live on site? [Shock.png]
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Nov 2022 25 01:30

Re: Tied accommodation

Yes bro, when we TUPE'd over in 2011 to an independant acadeny was that all the contracts were redone.
The house contract did change but by very little. If I remember correctly, the biggest change was that you couldn't conduct a business from the home.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
halarider
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 25 12:48

Thanks for the reply, Trout. I already had that in my original agreement. Just waiting to see if Unison will actually answer my questions....
Skoolkeeper
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Caretaker
Nov 2022 25 14:46

No change what so ever, all stayed exactly the same, but when I lost my job and home through no fault of my own, ( the new management team wanted me out) the house stayed empty, Contractors took over my role and the house is now used for storage!!! another one bites the dust. That reminds me, perhaps I should inform the Local Authority of Change of use!!!! as the idiots running the school probably have no idea of that!!!! [Cool.png] from sunny Spain.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 25 19:23

Years ago when this happened to me nothing at all changed, only after i took early retirement but still had to live there while the house i was buying completed, did they change things, they tripled my rent but luckily i only had to make two payments before moving.
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 28 07:37

magpie wrote: 25th Nov 2022 at 7:23pm Years ago when this happened to me nothing at all changed, only after i took early retirement but still had to live there while the house i was buying completed, did they change things, they tripled my rent but luckily i only had to make two payments before moving.
Nothing says thank you for your service like Tripling your rent when you retired.

Shows we are all nothing but a number [Neutral.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 28 11:16

Vera wrote: 28th Nov 2022 at 7:37am Nothing says thank you for your service like Tripling your rent when you retired.

Shows we are all nothing but a number [Neutral.png]
Yep, after 41 years i didn't even feel like a number, it all spoiled a job i had loved
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.