Fire Alarm Zone Plans

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Andrew
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 29 14:20

Fire Alarm Zone Plans

We've just under gone out Bi annual fire alarm check and according to the engineer the regs regarding the "Zone Plan" by the panel have changed and it's now "recommended" that they now have to be aligned in a particular way building wise, zones be more colourful and include more info such as doors/open direction etc. This is all news to me so has anyone else heard this?
Valar Morghulis
Stay Safe, Stay Daft...
Embrace The Chaos
Football Is Life.... Dani Rojas
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 29 14:37

Re: Fire Alarm Zone Plans

Yes bro. the rules have changed under article 24 of the RRFSO.
It seems to be more colorful and with more detail as to add the fire safety equipment and such.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... gulation-6
Hope this helps bro.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
Andrew
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 29 15:00

trout39843 wrote: 29th Nov 2022 at 2:37pm Yes bro. the rules have changed under article 24 of the RRFSO.
It seems to be more colorful and with more detail as to add the fire safety equipment and such.
Hope this helps bro.
Hi Trout. Reading the Regs it seems it's only for "multi floor" buildings, especially flats etc, so doesn't appear to relate to "single story" schools like mine.
Valar Morghulis
Stay Safe, Stay Daft...
Embrace The Chaos
Football Is Life.... Dani Rojas
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 29 16:22

trout39843 wrote: 29th Nov 2022 at 2:37pm Yes bro. the rules have changed under article 24 of the RRFSO.
Hope this helps bro.
Isn't that just for residential buildings?
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 29 16:56

We had a new system installed summer 21, and our plan is just the different areas blocked out in different colours. It doesn't show, direction of doors, equipment or anything else.

Since then, we had a fire risk assessment done, and have had numerous people in from county checking everything is all present and correct, and nothing like that has been mentioned by anybody, and that includes health and safety bods!

We're single storey as well. Not saying that what you've been told is wrong, but it sounds like you have something very similar to me, and until I'm told otherwise, there's nothing wrong with it.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 29 17:11

We have been told something similar about our zone plan, nothing really has changed in the 10+ years the company have been visiting but they suddenly came out with a recommendation for changes to the layout etc. on their last service. Haven't had much of a chance to look into yet.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 30 02:25

Sorry. [Scared.png]
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
skirbeck
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 30 10:11

the key phrase in the factsheet (for me at least) is, "responsible persons of high-rise residential buildings".

As defined in The Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022 as a building at least 18 metres in height or at least seven storeys
Knights of Skirbeck Medieval re-enactment, not so much a hobby as a way of life!
I'm so old fashioned, outside work I'm either in the 15th or 19th centuries! (Medieval or steampunk, which is best?)