Absolutely gobsmacked

Use this forum to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 02 09:13

Absolutely gobsmacked

I am absolutely gobsmacked as i had to phone our local doctors for an appointment and going on how it always goes for the good wife being in a cue and waiting for a ring back and talking to a doctor on a phone chat i was expecting the same all day wait. But i phoned at 8am to be informed i am 19th in line so took the alternative as a call back and at 8.45 received the call back and spoke to the receptionist that i wished to see a doctor and one was made for that day at 11am, wow i thought what is going on to be seen so quickly.

I have two problems a constant pain in my right arm muscle and on the right hand a tendon is gradually pulling my fingers inwards, i had the same back in 2016 just after i retired from work and had an operation to cut the tendon which cured the problem. So the doctor wanted a blood test done as well and gave me the forms and i had to contact the blood clinic which i did by the website and automatically booked a blood test appointment for today Friday at 11.30 am, i cannot believe how quick i have seen a doctor and got a blood test appointment all in two days.

Although i do believe though that any op is going to be a long wait although the last one i had was done in a private clinic and not the hospital so let's hope my luck lasts. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_wink]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 02 09:55

Re: Absolutely gobsmacked

I have had an issue for two years with repeated tests being done before a diagnosis. I got the operation date a few days ago, after my consultant pressed for it, as my condition has worsened. It's going to be 20 December. I then found out about the nurses strike is planned for the 15th and 20th. I was relieved to find that my hospital was not one impacted [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_grin]. Yesterday, I found out that there is likely to be co-ordinated action with other healthcare unions for greater, more widespread impact that will shut the NHS down, and the date will be....... [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_sad]

That said, I support their pay claim. They too have been treated appallingly like many public servants. It just would have been nice for it to have been another day!