Cleaning supplies

New to our forum? This is the board to introduce yourself. Say hello to other members...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Monkey
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 09 14:07

Cleaning supplies

Sorry for multiple posts, just wondering if we can have a list of cleaning supplies we all recommend? Had an outbreak of Scarlett fever and strep A within our school and need to do deep clean. We have bleach, clean fast, versatile, spray and wipe, lemon gel and safe zone plus.. which is the only one that says anything about killing viruses.
Have just put an order in for something called cyclone too as apparently that is good for killing viruses. Can't use the bleach while kids are in school.
Anything else anyone recommends?
Half a mind to go Costco for bucket fulls of Dettol 😅

Just had a load of scrubbing brushes and buckets delivered so I can go around with good old hot soapy water too.
Caretaker980
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Dec 2022 09 14:16

Re: Cleaning supplies

Good afternoon Monkey,

I have swapped over to a chemical called the IT range. i also use Fresh disinfectant which I buy from janitorial supplies. I stopped ordering bleach for my cleaners a few months back as i spoke with lots of other schools who are not allowed to use it?

Thanks
Rushfan
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 09 14:41

Re: Cleaning supplies

Bleach works at correct dilution, is within date and is used with cold water. However. It is quite unstable if used incorrectly. Benzalkonium Chloride in any cleaning fluid is an excellent virucidal agent and is widely used in many products.