What's the buzz, tell me what's a-happening

Chat about Cars, Public Transport, Trams, Railways, Bikes, Air Travel, Travel Services...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2022 19 05:45

What's the buzz, tell me what's a-happening

Well, it's certainly a stunning looking vehicle, every bit as iconic as the original. The VW I.D Buzz has landed on our shores and is in showroom near you. You'll need very deep pockets though, it's not cheap. Apparently a camper version is on the cards.

Ideal for a large family.

buzz.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 19 11:11

Re: What's the buzz, tell me what's a-happening

It looks nice but I'm guessing you will need deep pockets to afford one [Neutral.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 19 12:37

ID. Buzz Life
From £57,115.00 12
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 19 13:54

VW are becoming a bit of a joke now.
The old build quality has definitely gone the only difference now is that the plastics are (slightly) better than other mainstream cars on the interior.
The parts costs are eye watering, I once wanted a plastic cover for my camper T5 and it was only available from VW it was £96 plus vat for a piece of moulded plastic no bigger than 200 x 150mm. it was ridiculously priced.

they keep trading on the "camper" image and the ID buzz is the next iteration of that but in all honesty there are far better vans out there to use as a base van for a camper conversion and they are far cheaper..
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2022 19 15:23

Nigel wrote: 19th Dec 2022 at 12:37pm ID. Buzz Life
From £57,115.00 12
That's just for the standard base price. If you want sat nav, heated seats/steering wheel, decent sound system or any of the other extra comforts that come as standard on many none German cars, you can add almost another £10K on that price by buying the various addon packs. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_undecided]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 19 17:07

Vera wrote: 19th Dec 2022 at 1:54pm The parts costs are eye watering, I once wanted a plastic cover for my camper T5 and it was only available from VW it was £96 plus vat for a piece of moulded plastic no bigger than 200 x 150mm. it was ridiculously priced.
Replacement parts from all manufacturers are both expensive and scarce now, from what I’ve heard, parts departments rarely stock expensive replacement parts as they are dead stock/money on the shelf. They mostly need to order it with varying wait times, sometimes even months…
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 20 08:25

thecaretaker wrote: 19th Dec 2022 at 3:23pm That's just for the standard base price. If you want sat nav, heated seats/steering wheel, decent sound system or any of the other extra comforts that come as standard on many none German cars, you can add almost another £10K on that price by buying the various addon packs. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_undecided]
I specced one up to £70.000 [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_laugh]
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch