China and COVID

Discussion about Freeview, Freesat, Sky, Virgin Media, Streaming Services, DAB Radio...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jan 2023 14 12:58

China and COVID

I can't see this not having an impact of the rest of the world. It's estimated 900 million people have COVID in China. They estimate a million Chinese citizens will die this year. 2 Billion Chinese are about to go on the biggest migration of people on earth over the Luna new year.

The Chinese COVID vaccine seems ineffective compared to other vaccines around the world. The COVID virus is likely to mutate several times. I feel sympathy for the many Chinese people who will die or loose loved ones due to the mishandling of the COVID epidemic.

It is believed the COVID virus originated from China and China is responsible for already killing millions of people around the world. Now it looks like history might repeat itself. [JawDropped.png]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-64258799

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jan 2023 14 21:06

Re: China and COVID

Very worrying indeed.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2023 15 06:29

It is worrying... [Scared.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2023 15 10:46

They report 60.000 people died just last month re the covid infection and the UK has been told to start using face masks again and washing hands, looks like another round of covid to hit us on top of all the other problems the UK has, dark times ahead gang, stay safe. [Scared.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
seedfut06
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2023 16 09:15

Glad i have kept the 75l of hand sanitiser. And 2000 face masks.
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2023 16 10:18

It is worrying - for the fact that the media and the government will probably try to use these figures to push for another unwarranted lockdown and curtail our freedom.
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2023 16 11:10

Fantastic news if you are a friend of Sunak or Hunt etc. massive PPE contracts coming their way soon. Plus great for the government as it will be used as an excuse for the state of the NHS and not decades of gross mismanagement. If the waiting lists get much longer people might as well not bother using it, most will be dead before diagnosis, let alone treatment.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2023 16 12:09

ElGuapo wrote: 16th Jan 2023 at 10:18am It is worrying - for the fact that the media and the government will probably try to use these figures to push for another unwarranted lockdown and curtail our freedom.
I wasn't worried about that happening before, but I am now. While they're at it, Id imagine they'd push through these motions for anti protests/mass gathering laws too...

Dark times.