Question time frame

This is the forum for residential Caretakers. Discuss your rights, Services, Rent, Moving home...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

TheTaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 01 14:07

Question time frame

I have recently written to the chair of governors for a response on an issue raised in July to do with the school caretakers property. I just wondered how long is appropriate to wait for an answer to my recent e mail, and if no answer where can I go.
My life is like a game of Tetris - I never get the block I want
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 01 14:38

Re: Question time frame

From when the question was asked it is reasonable to expect a response around 2 weeks after the next scheduled Govs meeting.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 01 14:59

Re: Question time frame

If it's about your entitlements, with the property, I would ask your union. (Subsequently, if the Chair of Governors' inaction means that you are given little notice on accomodation etc you could go back to your union for support and you will have already familiarised your union with the predicament.) If your school is a LA school, you could ask its HR Department. You would essentially be a LA employee and they should be able to confirm your contractual rights. (That enquiry may prompt a response from the Chair.) Finally, you could try Citizens' Advice.