Pay rise in april

Chat about Contracts, Job descriptions, Pay scale, Unions, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Bruciebox
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 23 16:02

Pay rise in april

Hi all.
Recently new in caretaker post at school … Feb 2022,
I know we got a rise and back dated to last April but am I right in thinking we’re getting another this April ?
beagle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 23 16:19

Re: Pay rise in april

We very rarely get a pay rise in April. That is when they seem to start discussions, we normally finally get a rise in November, once everything has been thrashed out.
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".
Bruciebox
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 23 16:20

Ah I see , but hopefully we will be getting one this year ?
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 23 16:48

We do normally get it about November time but I think it will be much earlier this year. The three unions invloved in the negotiations on our behalf are balloting members on a proposed pay deal. (It is £1,925 on all points, like the one for April 2022.) The situationn is far more progressed than it usually is by this time. If there is agreement to the proposal, I think we may get the new pay rates (and back pay to April 2023) by June/July time.
Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 23 17:07

As Dexter said, the unions are negotiating the offer of £1925 across the board and will be putting it to ballot. (Personally I would be happy with the £1925).

Also as thought, the BM informed me today that I had got an additional days holiday added to my allowance, as well as the pay increase which brings me up to 26 days leave plus the 8 Bank Holidays.

Now an extra day with the next pay increase would be great. [Success.png]
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
Bruciebox
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 23 17:14

Some great information thanks a lot
TheTaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 24 10:05

As long as you are in one of the NJC counties then its completely different 2% last year and they are arguing over 5% this year
My life is like a game of Tetris - I never get the block I want
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 24 10:10

You may also need to check your Pay Policy if you are an Academy or in a MAT.

Not all are part of the NJC, and will have their own arrangements. ( some do follow the LA pay policies though)
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!
Oxford252
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2023 27 06:54

This seems to have all gone quiet online,anybody know any update on it,thanks
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2023 27 08:50

Oxford252 wrote: 27th Apr 2023 at 6:54am This seems to have all gone quiet online,anybody know any update on it,thanks
Well, two of the three unions (GMB & Unite) have balloted their members on the offer/strike action. I think that the deadlines for responses are the end of this month/early next. Unison have been doing a "data cleansing" exercise to verify the members' details it holds and they're not expected to finish that until mid-May when it will then ballot members. (Any other year and this would not have been an issue but the employer's final offer was very early.)

I optimistically estimated before that it might be sorted by June/July but don't think it can now because of Unison. I still think it wil be earlier than normal.

For last year's pay deal, I believe that GMB and Unison voted for the deal and Unite against it. It was carried by a majority. I don't know if this was because of the 2 to 1, or because GMB and Unison had the majority of members. If it is the latter, then we are likely to have to wait for the outcome of Unison's ballot.