Pay rise in april

Chat about Contracts, Job descriptions, Pay scale, Unions, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 24 08:38

Re: Pay rise in april

wonderwoman wrote: 24th Jan 2024 at 8:24am Well had a payment in November on the understanding that it was estimated and the school wanted all support staff to have it before dec. and when the pay rise comes through it would be paided back.
Well i got just over £800 in nov ( estimated ) and this months pay got my pay rise just over £500 so was deducted just over the £800. So now i'm £300 short. [Shock.png]
so not as much as i thought.
Are you paid on the NJC pay scales Wonderwoman?
It seems not, but if so why the delay for your pay rise? surely that should have been sorted in April/September (whenever the year end is)
Also why the estimated amount they are the ones deciding pay rises so they must have known... [Confused.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Jan 2024 24 09:42

Weird, estimates? should be a fairly simple calculation..
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 24 11:58

OXSET wrote: 24th Jan 2024 at 9:42am Weird, estimates? should be a fairly simple calculation..
My thoughts exactly… it would take a much to work out. To be out by £300 sound more like they took a blind and wild stab in the dark !!
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 24 11:58

Sparky wrote: 24th Jan 2024 at 11:58am My thoughts exactly… it would take a much to work out. To be out by £300 sound more like they took a blind and wild stab in the dark !!
Wouldn’t **
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 24 17:36

Wonderwoman- are you full time? are you an LA school? The approximate pay rise was £1900 over a year, which in simple terms after stoppages was around £100 per month on 37 hours week. Based on this April through to November was 8 months therefore approximately £800. it may/may not have been slightly different due to tax thresholds etc We will also receive a small increase from NI payments this month- again only £20-30 extra dependent on salary.
Not sure how they got to your figures? unless you are part time and they over paid the rise hence the short fall this month.
wonderwoman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 25 07:58

twiglets wrote: 24th Jan 2024 at 5:36pm Wonderwoman- are you full time? are you an LA school? The approximate pay rise was £1900 over a year, which in simple terms after stoppages was around £100 per month on 37 hours week. Based on this April through to November was 8 months therefore approximately £800. it may/may not have been slightly different due to tax thresholds etc We will also receive a small increase from NI payments this month- again only £20-30 extra dependent on salary.
Not sure how they got to your figures? unless you are part time and they over paid the rise hence the short fall this month.
I was 37 hour until dec 23 then went down to 15 hours so i think they may have calculated wrong. I wasn't sure because everyone doesn't like talking about their pay in school, iv nothing to hide so i don't mind.
I work for the LA but our school is part of a federation so our pay is done through some one else.
I think i may have to have a word with our HR.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 25 09:05

wonderwoman wrote: 25th Jan 2024 at 7:58am I was 37 hour until dec 23 then went down to 15 hours so i think they may have calculated wrong. I wasn't sure because everyone doesn't like talking about their pay in school, iv nothing to hide so i don't mind.
I work for the LA but our school is part of a federation so our pay is done through some one else.
I think i may have to have a word with our HR.
I think that would be wise, it is a difficult situation but it isn't too difficult to work out what back you were owed so I have no idea why they should need to estimate and get it so badly wrong.

Good luck.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Nedge
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 25 09:32

Don't understand how they got it so wrong. 37hrs per week x 52 weeks = 1924hrs, so its £1 per hour. If you do 15hrs per week its £15 per week before stoppages. Not a difficult calculation.
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 25 09:38

If they've overpaid by that much, I hope they can take it back in installments.
Jen
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 25 10:38

Anyone else just had an email from Bucks County Council about an across board 3K increase to all support staff bands, we arent on the NJC so didnt the pay increase most received last year. Thoughts all you Bucks County Council emplyees.