Pay rise in april

Chat about Contracts, Job descriptions, Pay scale, Unions, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 25 15:00

Re: Pay rise in april

Jen wrote: 25th Jan 2024 at 10:38am Anyone else just had an email from Bucks County Council about an across board 3K increase to all support staff bands, we arent on the NJC so didnt the pay increase most received last year. Thoughts all you Bucks County Council emplyees.
Not in Bucks but that is a real result.. Its almost like there is some elections coming along... [Wink.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 25 15:40

Vera wrote: 25th Jan 2024 at 3:00pm Not in Bucks but that is a real result.. Its almost like there is some elections coming along... [Wink.png]
Or they've realised that the minimum wage would be higher than some of their salary points.
wonderwoman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 26 07:12

Nail wrote: 25th Jan 2024 at 9:38am If they've overpaid by that much, I hope they can take it back in installments.
no they took the lot this month left me with £500. only because i was owed £200 overtime otherwise it would have been £300. [Neutral.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 26 08:23

wonderwoman wrote: 26th Jan 2024 at 7:12am no they took the lot this month left me with £500. only because i was owed £200 overtime otherwise it would have been £300. [Neutral.png]
That really smacks of a HR that clearly doesn't care about employees.
Perhaps they have the attitude that you are only the little people and it doesn't matter if they remove some pay because they made a mistake. [Mad.png]

Personally I would go to your line manager and make a formal complaint. It simply is not good enough.
wonderwoman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 06 07:51

Hi finally got it sorted will get some this week and the rest in my pay next month - really mucked up - glad i questioned it again and had my payslips printed off too as they keeped saying i had my pay rise. [Scared.png]
Thanks for the support
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 06 08:17

wonderwoman wrote: 6th Feb 2024 at 7:51am Hi finally got it sorted will get some this week and the rest in my pay next month - really mucked up - glad i questioned it again and had my payslips printed off too as they keeped saying i had my pay rise. [Scared.png]
Thanks for the support
Whomever does the payroll clearly is either incompetent or deceitful. Either way its not a good look.

I would consider making a complaint quoting the amount of stress and hardship this has caused you after the holiday period. You have to have complete faith in those who do payroll especially as this will affect your tax to HMRC as well as possible benefits you may or may not claim.
Consider contacting your union if you have one.

I'm really glad you got sorted in the end but I wouldn't let this lie.
Oxford252
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 15 07:29

Morning,I know a pay rise actually happening in April is about as likely as me landing on the moon but what do yous think April 24 NJC payment will be,3% or so,I would imagine it will drop significantly from the last couple of payrises which were a set amount of a few grand
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 15 07:41

Oxford252 wrote: 15th Feb 2024 at 7:29am Morning,I know a pay rise actually happening in April is about as likely as me landing on the moon but what do yous think April 24 NJC payment will be,3% or so,I would imagine it will drop significantly from the last couple of payrises which were a set amount of a few grand
I think the chances of the pay rise being settled by the time a general election is called are slim to none.

A new government will be dealing with it so I wouldn't be banking on anything.
Work on 0% anything else will be a bonus. [Neutral.png]
Oxford252
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 15 10:39

I not waiting on it and after the last few years it will probably be early 25 at the earliest I was just wondering what people thought based on inflation reducing and the current state of councils and now official recession
hotwheels
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 19 09:30

Our management chose not to tell us we were even getting the last two pay rises it was only from friends and going on here we ever found out about getting them. One of my cleaner's phoned her mate at another school for the info they had already been given it as it was in the pipe line. if we are getting one the year its not been mentioned to find out I will wait for my cleaner to clock on. tut