ORA Lightning Cat

Chat about Cars, Public Transport, Trams, Railways, Bikes, Air Travel, Travel Services...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Apr 2023 30 00:50

ORA Lightning Cat

Like it or not, the Chinese will be selling cars to the UK from early next year. ORA is just one Chinese company that will have 2 models for sale. The ORA Lightning Cat is already on sale in China and the model (possibly with a different name) will go on sale from the first quarter of next year. And I've got to say... what a stunning car this looks. I particularly like the lower glass section on the boot which is an aerofoil which raises when you go faster. Yet, it blends in perfectly with the panoramic roof glass and tinted rear screen. I've not seen that so well done before. According to the video, it has an 83kwh battery which should get 350 miles on a charge. They might need to harden up the suspension for UK roads though, they said it was rather soft.

gwm-ora-lightning-cat-pre-production-show-car-for-uk-exterior.jpg
gwm-ora-lightning-cat-pre-production-show-car-for-uk-interior.jpg

Wouldn't you be proud to have something as good looking as this car on your drive? A real head turner.

I'm not so keen on the look at the front or the interior colour shown in these images (link below). But they may make other colours to choose from. I know from old that many of you are not keen on Chinese products, but the truth is that many of the main car manufacturers are now making their cars in China (maybe due to the cheap labour), to not buy a car made in China is getting more difficult.

It will be interesting to know how it will fair on UK roads with all the pot holes and winter salt.

https://insideevs.com/news/664760/chine ... n-uk-2024/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2023 30 09:45

Re: ORA Lightning Cat

Looks like a cross between a Tesla model Y and a Porsche, that 83kWh battery is going to be big and heavy so range will be diminished. Maybe a 55 or 60kWh battery would have a better balance of power to weight and prove more efficient?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.