Run down

Use this forum to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

adyjay
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 06 08:46

Re: Run down

I got told "I was lucky to have a job, and you wont find another like this" three months later I was gone to another job that was better paid, better hours, and suited my work life balance more, as I was spending over 12.5 hours a day at the school, as it was too far to go home during my split shift break, so I felt I was not having a life. [hah.png]

Now I am only three minutes away from home. [Like.png]

She should have kept her mouth shut, and not said that to me, mind you I was headhunted by another school, so I had a good opportunity to leave.

I'm sorry to hear about your mum passing, they way you were spoken too is unsympathetic and very crass. [Disappointment.png]
I often wonder why its easier to complain than praise?
Understanding and co-operation is sadly lacking in schools towards support staff.
When we are wanted, they are all nice, when we ask for something they moan!
Men live their lives in quiet desperation when it comes to the opposite gender!
Don't trust anyone, they will only hurt you!
It's a sad situation really :(
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 06 09:23

seedfut06 wrote: 6th Jul 2023 at 8:39am Thanks for that, yes it is true without us schools wouldnt operate. I was told by the HM that I should be thankful I hve a job here.(just lost my mum-83 and still had to open up as "you cant expect anyone else to come in early).
That is harsh and un called for. I would have taken a complaint to the governors with comments like that at such a sensitive time. [JawDropped.png]

I am truly sorry for your loss, losing a parent is never an easy time in life. Always remember the good times with your Mum.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
TheTaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 06 10:16

The morning my mum died i was told i had to be at a course at 8 am or pay for it. I am at total breaking point depressed run down and past caring about myself. I still do my job to the best of my capabilities but would be quite happy if i went to bed tonight and never woke up again. My biggest 2 problems are tied accommodation and location. I would talk anyone out of taking a residential caretaker job.
My life is like a game of Tetris - I never get the block I want
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 06 16:20

TheTaker wrote: 6th Jul 2023 at 10:16am The morning my mum died i was told i had to be at a course at 8 am or pay for it. I am at total breaking point depressed run down and past caring about myself. I still do my job to the best of my capabilities but would be quite happy if i went to bed tonight and never woke up again. My biggest 2 problems are tied accommodation and location. I would talk anyone out of taking a residential caretaker job.
Hi The taker, It is very hard to read your message but I do hope you can find someone to talk to.
No one should be so down beaten that they feel that way, You are worth far more than that, please remember our jobs although important should never make us feel like that.

We are all here to listen if you want to reach out.

PS I would agree about the tied residential jobs, It is not something I would entertain.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jul 2023 06 16:43

Well, it's good to read that there are people worse off than myself. Sorry to be full of doom and gloom. This seems the saddest thread I've ever read. Sounds like we all need something to cheer us all up. I've not had to deal with bereavement before. It ain't easy, so I know how you feel. But keep your chin up, one thing I've learnt is that life is very short and we need to make the most of it while we can despite the difficulties we have to endure. [hah.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jul 2023 06 22:32

TheTaker wrote: 6th Jul 2023 at 10:16am The morning my mum died i was told i had to be at a course at 8 am or pay for it. I am at total breaking point depressed run down and past caring about myself. I still do my job to the best of my capabilities but would be quite happy if i went to bed tonight and never woke up again. My biggest 2 problems are tied accommodation and location. I would talk anyone out of taking a residential caretaker job.
Your post is worrying my friend, maybe you need to see your Dr and see what help may be available to you. Never forget that you are more important than any job and you should also let the HR or whoever you need to speak to at school know what is going on and try and find solutions. I was in tied accommodation at schools for 35 years so know where you are coming from and if i had my time again i would never do that under any circumstances.
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
adyjay
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 07 07:59

This is not good, you really need to see a doctor immediately and get signed off work, you are not at all well from what you have written.

Please do not let them at school make you feel this way, they should be more understanding than this.

I am so sorry to hear the news of your mum passing, I really do feel for you.
Understanding and co-operation is sadly lacking in schools towards support staff.
TheTaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 07 14:53

Thanks guys im trying to get some help got a doctors appointment for a couple of weeks time.
My life is like a game of Tetris - I never get the block I want
MrMatt
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 07 15:04

TheTaker wrote: 7th Jul 2023 at 2:53pm Thanks guys im trying to get some help got a doctors appointment for a couple of weeks time.

That's great news TheTaker. Hold on and stay as positive as you can mate. In the meantime if you phone your GPS again and ask them for the number for your local mental health team. Phone them and ask them for some help, I've done this in the past when there seemed to be no where to turn, problem after problem, spiraling downwards. The mental health team were a shining beacon who very quickly got me back on my feet with a variety of conversations and online workshops called "Silver cloud".

Please phone them TheTaker and keep fighting the fight mate.

Take care.
'Sometimes fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions' - Haruki Murakami.
adyjay
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 07 15:27

TheTaker wrote: 7th Jul 2023 at 2:53pm Thanks guys im trying to get some help got a doctors appointment for a couple of weeks time.
Take it easy and don't over stress yourself.

Remember that you are the most important person you know, others don't look at you that way, especially when working in schools sadly.