What's new retired members?

The forum home for retired Caretakers. Share your thoughts about retirement and get advice...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2023 25 12:45

Re: What's new retired members?

Carried on working at the school well past my retirement age, but when i did leave i still did some odd D.I.Y for friends and ex school staff which kept me busy, when i did say enough is enough or body did i should say i found it hard to adjust to not getting up when my 5am body clock went off, finding some thing to keep body and mind working although i like gardening and home D.I.Y i looked at some volunteer work but non seem to be to my liking.

I decided in the end to concentrate on where i live to help out and do the occasional street play ground clean up, i am involved at the moment with what is called our Wainfleet Revival Weekend which is a whole weekend of carnival like event with a proper fair, stalls, vintage cars/tractors games, beer tents and music for all. It was an annual event that just died out back on around 2005 we started to organize it September 2022 and it is now a reality for this weekend 29th and 30th July 2023.So if you are in the Skegness area of Lincolnshire or even further afield and just want an honest day out come visit us.

And come again in September 2nd 2023 which is a Saturday when we host our bike night meeting we close off the whole of the high street and pack it and the surrounding streets with hundreds of motorcycle, we also have bike related stalls and a band all day into the late evening, i will be on duty as a road marshel keeping every one safe and informed, we even give away free bike night keyrings with Wainfleet Bike Night and the year date and the bikers love collecting every year they attend. [Success.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)