time capsule

The forum home for retired Caretakers. Share your thoughts about retirement and get advice...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

wonderwoman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2023 22 10:01

time capsule

Has anyone left a small reminder of yourself or the school over the years, when you left.
and if you did what was it and where did you leave it.
And has it been found yet
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Sep 2023 22 10:17

Re: time capsule

On the many framed artwork and pictures I hung up around the school, I printed out pictures of the old school as it was in the 60’s and pictures of the current school being built in the 70’s. I placed them behind the displayed pictures or artwork in between the backing sheet. They will possibly be found when someone decides to change the displayed pictures for something else, or maybe not.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
HarleyPete
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 22 22:26

That's interesting, I still work for my school but over the years I have made certain "honours" boards. Two that are in our dining hall and show the progress of the house events and who won in which years. The most recent has been a copy of some old chorister boards for the new names to go on. Theoretically the one that shows who won the house cup each year could last around eighty years or so. One of them (at least I think it's just the one) is signed on the back against the wall.
Shall I rush your rush job before I rush the rush job I was rushing before you rushed in

Most of the time I am a nobody........except when you want something........then, I'm the most important person in the world.

"Teachers are wonderful...........every caretaker should own one, lol"
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 23 12:51

Under new (now old) carpet there’s a paw print or two from my old dog. 🐕🌈🐾🐾🐾
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
eebagum
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Mar 2024 23 18:07

I left the school without telling anyone of the passwords to any of the security settings. Boiler settings. Etc. Well know one asked for them. Even the override code for electric gate. It's two years since I left so hopefully they have them sorted now. Well head should have been nice. 🤣🤣
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 25 07:36

I put my initials on some items after I have repaired them (chairs desks and cupboards).
It is mainly so I know they have been repaired before and if in rough shape again then I will just get rid.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
PalaceEagles
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Mar 2024 25 09:17

I hadn't left it on purpose at my old school as I thought it would have been updated but my name is still on the fire evacuation signs at my old school. I haven't worked there for over 2 half years