Overjoyed Toon Fan

Discuss all types of sport from Football, Rugby, Golf, F1, Horse Racing, Keeping fit and Gyms...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Oct 2023 05 20:03

Re: Overjoyed Toon Fan

thecaretaker wrote: 5th Oct 2023 at 7:52pm My local(ish) team of Brighton have been doing alright recently too. My son-in-law often goes to see them play. Me... well I confess, I've never been to a football match. But I do eat the handmade steak pies they sell at Brighton they are the best pies I've ever eaten https://www.pigletspantry.co.uk/bhafc
I hope they are cheaper than the ones at Newcastle, extortionate inside the ground. You would think that Newcastle would have Greggs supplying the pies seeing as Greggs started only a couple of miles away in Gosforth but sadly no
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2023 05 20:29

magpie wrote: 5th Oct 2023 at 8:03pm I hope they are cheaper than the ones at Newcastle, extortionate inside the ground. You would think that Newcastle would have Greggs supplying the pies seeing as Greggs started only a couple of miles away in Gosforth but sadly no
They ain't cheap. £21 for 6 making them £3.50 each not including delivery. But they are the best pies I've ever eaten. Solid chunks of meat with a touch of beer gravy just enough to make them moist. Unlike most pies these days where you have to send a search party out to find the meat inside. [Big grin.png]
https://www.pigletspantry.co.uk/product ... harvey-ale They deliver nationwide now. Would this be like selling coals to Newcastle lol [Big grin.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 05 20:45

thecaretaker wrote: 5th Oct 2023 at 8:29pm They ain't cheap. £21 for 6 making them £3.50 each not including delivery. But they are the best pies I've ever eaten. Solid chunks of meat with a touch of beer gravy just enough to make them moist. Unlike most pies these days where you have to send a search party out to find the meat inside. [Big grin.png]
https://www.pigletspantry.co.uk/product ... harvey-ale They deliver nationwide now. Would this be like selling coals to Newcastle lol [Big grin.png]
Over £4 for a minuscule pie at St James Park and more gravy than meat. I do like a good pie though so might look at the website, cheers CT
Dustybin
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 05 21:12

I would recommend the Piglets Pantry Chicken Balti Pies. I’ve also had a few of their afternoon teas over the years as a special treat and they have gone down well with the family… make a good gift too!
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. - Elbert Hubbard
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2023 05 21:44

Hello Dusty. Thanks for joining the forum again. Come to keep an eye on me have you?

For those who don't know, Dustybin is my daughter. And yes, I have been the recipient of one of those afternoon teas!

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 06 07:52

Welcome back Dustybin.

All this talk of pies has made me hungry. [Big grin.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 06 08:49

Vera wrote: 6th Oct 2023 at 7:52am All this talk of pies has made me hungry. [Big grin.png]
Those Piglets pies do look tasty and extreemly tempting, think I'll order a box and share with family [Like.png] [Big grin.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 06 11:00

Good to have you back Dustybin, where has your old avatar gone ?