Compliance software

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Scooter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 09 13:39

Compliance software

Hi,

Does anyone use some sort of compliance software to log all the statutory checks, fire alarms, legionella etc? If so, are they saving you time?

TIA
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 09 14:43

Re: Compliance software

Also interested in opinions... [Happy.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Chester
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 09 14:52

W use Every across our school and Trust very very helpful.
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 09 15:18

In my last years we used a program iam compliant (or something like that). Yes, it was good in that jobs could be requested and booked in but the compliance part was a nightmare to get up and running from my excel database. I never did get everything converted over, too much time involved.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
Red
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 09 16:05

We use Every, and have been for many years. Since joining a MAT, the other schools have now adopted Every. Great for compliance but really useful for teachers to post 'issues'.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 09 16:27

Red wrote: 9th Oct 2023 at 4:05pm We use Every, and have been for many years. Since joining a MAT, the other schools have now adopted Every. Great for compliance but really useful for teachers to post 'issues'.
Thanks for the feedback. Ill take a look
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Elephantpaul63
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 09 16:57

We use Every, add all your compliance things and dates and it will let you know when things are due. We were going to give the teaching staff access so they could report jobs to me but the BM decided do I really need a job logged to pick up some fox poo that I missed, and the toilet floor is wet and it would involve them all having their own login and most would miss use that side of it. Best part it done away with 16 folders I'm now down to 5 for quick reference.
steveg
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 09 17:05

We use safesmart, I wouldn't say it's perfect but works well enough and has allowed us to be pretty much paperless. It was significantly cheaper than the other options we looked at.
Caretak3r
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 09 17:57

Yes, we use IamCompliant & find it very useful. Once you have compiled all your assets (Items which need servicing etc) on to it. It just lets you know when everything is due a service or something needs doing whether it be weekly(Fire Alarms), monthly,yearly etc. Also great for staff for letting you know which faults,items need fixing. Being a bit forgetful or always being asked to do 5 things at once it gives you no reason to forget anything ever again.
TBH I didn't think I'd like it at first but find it very useful now.
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 09 21:41

We have had this question a few time now, and I have always been interested to see what’s being used by others.
When i started everything was paper records and files, Took me a few moths to get everything computerised and running smoothly but was still not quite right.

Hey presto as if by magic my LA released and update not so long back called “Compliance Tracker” for schools to use. I have to say I am very impressed…. Totally adaptable, visual reminders, colour coded etc etc.

Had this have not been produced I would have been looking at I am compliant route.