Site Manager - Performance Review

Chat about Contracts, Job descriptions, Pay scale, Unions, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

hendo91
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 02 08:52

Re: Site Manager - Performance Review

I am on my third year as Site Manager and have had them annually since I started and have one coming up, I will be going with:

open up a a better line of communication between the site team and teaching staff
keep more accurate and dated logs of site/maintenance checks
MWCracker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 13 10:11

I said to my HT that it is pointless doing a Performance review for Site Management as we always perform over and above our jobs and still don't get a payrise, so what is the point? I get teachers as they are in a performance related paid job, so if they perform well, they get their rise, but we don't because we are classed as support workers when we are the complete backbone of the school.
She said that she hates doing mine as she agrees with me but its something that she has to do, but I haven't had one since 2019 [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus.gif]
The power of the hour maketh you stronger for longer. [Success.png]
HarleyPete
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 13 14:25

It's interesting that although in my school "it's a requirement of the Board of Governors" I've only had two in seventeen years. One in 2012 and one in 2014. Since then none (despite filling in the pre-review form each year), and, when I've enquired (which I've done over a number of years), I have never been given a defnitive answer as to if we are still required to do them. Personally, I think they are pointless for a role that is basically the same all the time, unless of course you put yourself out for nothing extra. With absolutely no chance of progression (a long story) I see no point in attempting to improve yourself when you feel unappreciated.
Simply answer now is to attend, do my job and collect my pay. There is no incentive to be engaged at all these days!!
Shall I rush your rush job before I rush the rush job I was rushing before you rushed in

Most of the time I am a nobody........except when you want something........then, I'm the most important person in the world.

"Teachers are wonderful...........every caretaker should own one, lol"
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 13 15:40

Mastergunner wrote: 1st Nov 2023 at 4:06pm just passed my fourth anniversary in post and have never had a performance review or appraisal. None of the support staff (including SBM) have !!

Our learned colleagues have them regular as clockwork !
Pretty much same here
Caretak3r
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 13 17:33

Personally all of these targets should be related to getting a payrise. Otherwise whats the point.If I'm not doing my job then tell me.
I have to jump through 3 hoops for what? So you can invent another 3 next year. Get in the sea.
wonderwoman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 15 09:58

29 years and never had a review, did ask at the beginning but gave up.

But you could just put down keeping playground and out side areas clear of leaves and rubbish
check loo's and sinks for any leaks and flushing
check fire doors etc are clear from chairs etc
It's hard to say what to put down when every school is different.
PAUL.C
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 15 10:12

twiglets wrote: 1st Nov 2023 at 4:19pm 13 years and ........ no performance review yet [Scared.png]
16 years & had 1
Is it that TIME already
PalaceEagles
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 15 10:23

Been doing this job for 13 years nearly and worked at a couple of schools, the current one is the first time that I have ever had a performance review. Its actually been quite helpful, got to discuss how I feel about the job and how its going.

On another note. I have to do a performance review for our cleaners once a year. Totally pointless task, the cleaners hate doing it. I've said it time and time again to the DH who deals with performance reviews that its pointless but she wants them done. It's like its a tick box exercise.
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 15 13:10

So going by these replies it’s fair to say reviews are no more than a paper tick box exercise and a waste of everyone’s time!
HarleyPete
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 16 10:36

greenjack wrote: 15th Dec 2023 at 1:10pm So going by these replies it’s fair to say reviews are no more than a paper tick box exercise and a waste of everyone’s time!
Personally I totally agree with that. I can see no benefit what so ever in doing them. Any constructive criticism is frowned upon, nothing ever changes except in the schools favour, all it appears to be is a way to get you to do more for less. Expectations that you carry out tasks way outside of what is a reasonable request. When you complain or refuse your're considered to "not be a team player". As I said, personally, I come to work, do my job, collect my pay and don't worry about things beyond my control. Far less stressfull these days and better for my health (mental and physical).

Merry --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- to you all !!!!!!
Shall I rush your rush job before I rush the rush job I was rushing before you rushed in

Most of the time I am a nobody........except when you want something........then, I'm the most important person in the world.

"Teachers are wonderful...........every caretaker should own one, lol"