POLL: Which Breakdown service do you use

Chat about Cars, Public Transport, Trams, Railways, Bikes, Air Travel, Travel Services...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Which Breakdown service do you use?

AA
25%
RAC
16%
Green Flag
19%
Through your insurance Company
19%
Independent garage
No votes
Other
22%
I don't have Breakdown Cover
No votes

Total votes: 32

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 15 10:37

Re: POLL: Which Breakdown service do you use

Auto Rescue home breakdown, onward journey or return to a garage of my choice, legal assist.

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Nov 2023 15 11:31

eebagum wrote: 14th Nov 2023 at 8:16pm Emergency assist. Save a fortune on the big companies.
Full cover apart from abroad. Well I don't go abroad.
Used once in 10 years. They were brill at keeping us informed.
Did a quick google and they seem ok, just need to double check my bike is covered in case of puncture? picking up anothercar from dealer Saturday and it comes with 1 years breakdown cover so only need to cover bike at the moment.
With AA to cover present car and bike till 17th, didn`t auto renew and they won`t stop ringing me to renew, I ignore the calls but they must be desperate!
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 16 08:20

Always used Green Flag through the Caravan and Motorhome Club. We get cover for 2 journeys if the car cant be fixed. Cover for any car registered at our property too. (currently 4 as I have sold a couple!) I pay about 100.00 PA I think. They have recovered me and the caravan from Devon before now 252 miles with a 9 month old Mondeo with a broken injector pump. And from the lakes with a Galaxy and caravan.
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Nov 2023 16 08:23

just noticed RAC are absolutely diddling me.

TRIED to call them on their cancellation line, all of a sudden they can barely hear me... funny that.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 16 14:28

Nigel wrote: 15th Nov 2023 at 11:31am Did a quick google and they seem ok, just need to double check my bike is covered in case of puncture? picking up anothercar from dealer Saturday and it comes with 1 years breakdown cover so only need to cover bike at the moment.
With AA to cover present car and bike till 17th, didn`t auto renew and they won`t stop ringing me to renew, I ignore the calls but they must be desperate!
So I went with emergency assist today, £35 personal cover with an excess of £30 call out, excess is a good way to lower costs and only pay if you call them out!
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
eebagum
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 16 16:58

Nigel wrote: 16th Nov 2023 at 2:28pm So I went with emergency assist today, £35 personal cover with an excess of £30 call out, excess is a good way to lower costs and only pay if you call them out!
I paid £70 for full cover for both our cars.