External HD for Xbox series S

Discussion about Wi-Fi, Routers, Computers, Windows, Mobile Phones, Software, Hardware...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Mastergunner
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 12 09:18

External HD for Xbox series S

My internal HD on my xbox series s is literally full with just two games on there! i've looked at external HD but apparently only seagate ones allow direct gameplay from external HD. Is that correct? any other gamers on here? anybody know? Thanks in advance
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 12 09:31

Re: External HD for Xbox series S

I've literally just boxed mine up at the weekend ready for the move (hopefully!)

I have 2 external drives, and pretty sure that both are seagates. One is 1tb and the other is 2tb.

I may be wrong, but as far as I was aware you can use pretty much any type of drive so long as its formatted through the xbox once it's connected up. I think the last one I purchased was from Currys, but used the reviews from Argos as they were more informative (and more of them!)

Check the reviews and so long as someone says about console gaming, then it will be fine.
Sharky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 12 09:41

you can use external hard drives but as far as i am aware it does slow it down. The add on memory is costly but does not slow the xbox down. much better. my Son has the add on memory. We did try the external usb and was slower that was seagate.
"Can you just?....."
Mastergunner
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 12 11:23

much appreciated - I'll do some more investigation
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 12 11:55

Ah, sorry I misread your initial post and assumed it was an xbox one s, not a series s!!

Yeah ideally you need the extra memory which is quite a bit more expensive. The newer games will also eat into any extra hard drives as well pretty quickly.
londonlad1939
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 12 15:30

Slightly of topic but still gaming lol,
I'm pretty sure you have seen the new gta 6 trailer, omg I think that game is going to be so realistic looking and very immersive,
Just gutted its gonna be 2025 [Shock.png]