Letter from the Prime Minister

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 18 15:35

Letter from the Prime Minister

Nope, it's nothing to do with my knighthood. It's a survey. How much has it cost to print this survey and send a copy to everybody in the country?

How many trees were cut down to produce this survey? He's not very green this Risky Sunak.

What a darn silly time to send it out with all the --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- post the Royal Mail has to contend with. No wonder some cards are taking 2 weeks to arrive.

While I am at it, has anybody estimated the amount of CO2 flying all these 'boat people' to Rwanda will produce?

How can these 'boat people' fly if they don't have passports?

Should British TAX payers be paying for their air fare... or should the government be billing them?

Don't start me off..... [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_snowball.gif] [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_grin.gif]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 18 16:05

Re: Letter from the Prime Minister

Almost like they didn't want too many answers and the results to be held up in the post... [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_lipsrsealed.gif]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 18 16:33

My Dad got one too. But his is a different letter and survey. His was about illegal migrants. Mine was about the NHS. So they are sending out different letters and surveys. Go figure [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_undecided.gif]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 18 16:44

Rishi Sunak has been accused of misleading the public after a “PM survey” asking voters probing questions, including who they backed at the last election, proved to be a marketing ploy by the Conservative Party

With a general election expected next year, households are being sent a survey giving voters the opportunity to “share your views with the prime minister”.

But the small print says the information will be used by the Tory party for campaigning, rather than by the government to improve the country.

The leaflets, branded potentially misleading and “routine party propaganda”, ask who voters backed at the last election.....
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 64963.html

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 18 17:06

This gets funnier buy the minute. Click on the link in the letter to see their Privacy Policy and you are taken to this page...

Screenshot 2023-12-18 170133.png

Try it for yourself https://www.conservatives.com/Privacy

They used a capital P when it should have been lowercase https://www.conservatives.com/privacy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 18 17:16

Could not govern their way out of a paper bag..
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 18 21:14

Yes, I've heard it is more of a Party Political survey rather than the PM himself would ever read the responses!
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 19 07:36

Neither Mr Sunak nor my local Tory MP write to me at all. No idea why. Any old how, they will not be getting a --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- card.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 20 07:19

He does not live in the real world we live in and as for the boat people the answer is simple concentrate on who is supplying them and selling them and illuminate the source, if they cannot buy them they cannot cross over in them, the French do not do anything despite the money we pay them to do so and they just stand back and watch them launch a boat and head to a hand out England.

How hard can it be to find boats bigger than a car with big outboard motors with fuel stored to feed them and piles of life preservers, they are not being sold in the corner shop and will need to be housed near the beach, just shows how bad French detectives are. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_snowball.gif]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 20 08:00

I believe they are banned from sale near the coast, but it only takes buying them inland or up in Holland, and it is a couple of hours drive.
They will never stop the boats all the time the French don't want them in their country (do you blame them). Whilst we are all moaning about a few thousand extra coming in the country, we are not looking at the rich/large companies who don't pay fair taxes, evade all ways of paying their share, to make them richer. Those that do come over, a large amount I expect, will eventually pay their way (jobs and spend money), whilst the rich will blame them for all of the problems we have- made by the rich taking all their countries and bombing them etc etc.
Even the news this week, oh we made £60m on rubbish PPE and put the money abroad so it can't be touched- how about getting all of the £60m back for starters?? [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_snowball.gif]