Poor wife

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 19 13:24

Poor wife

Not sure if myself and the wife will be together this --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---, nothing like a divorce or anything though she had a very low blood pressure drop and fell head first onto the floor of the upper landing in our house and cracked her hip, long story short at one stage it was a life and death situation but thank god she pulled through and survived the op which was a success.

We are visiting today and will try and find out if they can give a discharge date and if it is before --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- i need to do some quick shopping like a single bed and mattress as there is no way she is going to get up stairs, i will also need a wheel chair and lucky enough we have a down stairs loo.

I am also very friendly with a local councillor and she is also our deputy mayor and is a county councillor for Lincolnshire in charge of adult care and has offered to assist me in any needs my wife may may want when she does leave hospital so that will be a great help in combating all the red tape.

Will keep you informed as to progress and would just like to wish each and every one a very Merry --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- and a Happy New Year. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_female.gif] [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus.gif]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
skirbeck
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 19 13:48

Re: Poor wife

crikey! thoughts and prayers with you Sir
Knights of Skirbeck Medieval re-enactment, not so much a hobby as a way of life!
I'm so old fashioned, outside work I'm either in the 15th or 19th centuries! (Medieval or steampunk, which is best?)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 19 13:59

I’m deeply sorry to hear of your sad news EBJ, I hope your wife recovers fully and in record time.
Take care Jack [Thumb_up.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 19 14:00

I hope things get better for you and your wife and you can get together. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus.gif]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Andrew
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 19 14:31

Blimy EBJ, best wishes to you both and hopefully she'll be back for --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---. At least it seems you've got people you can call on for help.
I too have low BP and am on medication for it and like you wife it was only discovered when I too collapsed upstairs in my house. Luckily the only thing I did was completely smash my face up.
Again best wishes.
Valar Morghulis
Stay Safe, Stay Daft...
Embrace The Chaos
Football Is Life.... Dani Rojas
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 19 14:41

Wow EBJ that's a lot to be dealing with in the run up to --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---.

I hope your wife is comfortable and you can get her home in time, Either way a speedy recovery and the best wishes for you both.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 19 14:43

Woah! My best wishes to you both, hopefully she will make a good recovery and be at home soon.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 19 15:49

Really sorry to hear about your wife EBJ, fingers crossed that she gets home for --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- and is back to her good self before long, best wishes to you both
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
welshhunk
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 19 18:33

Thinking of you both.
wake me up before you gogo.
tykeman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 19 18:54

That is a nightmare situation EBJ and I hope that things go well for you both. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_sad.gif] [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_shocked.gif]
Get out there and do it to them, before they do it to you