2 Iconic EVs take a bow

Chat about Cars, Public Transport, Trams, Railways, Bikes, Air Travel, Travel Services...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Dec 2023 19 19:56

2 Iconic EVs take a bow

Such a shame. The Honda e is officially being killed off for the UK.

Although it was small, its features and styling was unique and a cut above any other EV in 2020 when it came out. The range was low and the price was a bit steep, but it really stood out from the crowd and was apparently really fun to drive. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4610 ... production

2020-honda-e-first-drive-133-1604349844.jpg

The Renault Zoe has been removed from sale in the UK after 11 years. The Zoe was often the first EV people owned. Along with the Nissan Leaf they ruled in the early EV years. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... r-11-years
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 20 11:57

Re: 2 Iconic EVs take a bow

I remember a time when the only EV’s you would see on the roads were Zoe’s, Leaf’s, BMW i3’s and Tesla’s.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
grimoopnorth
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 20 12:09

Honda have a new EV the e:NY1. Starting from a bargain price of £45K!. Looks a bit like my toyota yaris cross.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 20 16:08

grimoopnorth wrote: 20th Dec 2023 at 12:09pm Honda have a new EV the e:NY1. Starting from a bargain price of £45K!. Looks a bit like my toyota yaris cross.
Alas, the new Honda e:NY1 looks like every other electric SUV on the road and has nothing special that can't be got from other manufacturers (usually cheaper). It's such a shame they didn't continue with the innovations they did with the Honda e. Things like the door to door LED screens, the cameras instead of mirrors and unique styling touches like real wood.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 21 09:39

thecaretaker wrote: 20th Dec 2023 at 4:08pm It's such a shame they didn't continue with the innovations they did with the Honda e. Things like the door to door LED screens, the cameras instead of mirrors and unique styling touches like real wood.
The problem is all this clever tech and up market features push up the already ludicrous price.

If I was in a position to have any say in EV design, I would specify a base model without all the bells and whistles, that had good range was aerodynamic with proven electronic and mechanical structure that was priced as low as possible. Plus, an all bells and whistles up market model with all the latest gadgets and technology but priced accordingly.

I wonder which model would move off the current stock sheet the quickest.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.