Least favourite seasonal tradition.

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Rushfan
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 22 15:40

Least favourite seasonal tradition.

We've just had our Christingle service and the classroom bins are full of oranges with cocktail sticks sticking out of them . Difficult to bag up without skewering yourself, but also a shocking waste of oranges. The children don't want them, they just bin them. I'd ban it.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 22 22:07

Re: Least favourite seasonal tradition.

I detested --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- in school and even putting the tree up in the foyer used to annoy me, i used to hang on as long as possible before doing that. As i get older i just cannot stand anything to do with --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---, except the sprouts on my --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- lunch 😂. --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- isn't --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- without the sprouts
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Rushfan
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 23 09:41

I like the rest of --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- well enough, just the silly Christingle thing that annoys me (along withe Ms Carey's endlessly played song). I don't even remember hearing about Christingle until I started working in a primary school. We certainly never had it when I was a kid..
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 23 10:25

The --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- tree pine needle clear up after the tree came down, we always had a large tree in our assembly hall. The long trip from the hall to the school entrance involved many doors, corridors, and some steps, so the needles went everywhere.

One of the clever children slightly unscrewing one of the bulbs on the tree when no one was looking. I’d then receive the emergency message from the office that “the tree lights have gone out again” …
[--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus.gif]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
welshhunk
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 23 11:29

Visiting my racist , bigoted homophobic in laws. Very Christian. [Angry.png] [Angry.png] [Angry.png] .

Merry --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- to all the wonderful people here and their families. Wishing you health and happiness this holiday and beyond. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus.gif] [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus.gif] [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus.gif] .
wake me up before you gogo.
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 23 17:04

welshhunk wrote: 23rd Dec 2023 at 11:29am Visiting my racist , bigoted homophobic in laws. Very Christian. [Angry.png] [Angry.png] [Angry.png] .

Merry --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- to all the wonderful people here and their families. Wishing you health and happiness this holiday and beyond. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus.gif] [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus.gif] [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus.gif] .

Good luck with that one, mate. Try to keep them off the cooking sherry.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 23 22:34

I could do without the annual --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- card making day, some classrooms this year had so much glitter on the floor it was literally difficult to tell what colour the carpets are. It is the attitude as well, where the teachers and TAs are only concerned about the waste of glitter, not all the effort it takes for the peasants to clear up afterwards.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 28 08:46

Handyman wrote: 23rd Dec 2023 at 10:34pm I could do without the annual --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- card making day, some classrooms this year had so much glitter on the floor it was literally difficult to tell what colour the carpets are. It is the attitude as well, where the teachers and TAs are only concerned about the waste of glitter, not all the effort it takes for the peasants to clear up afterwards.
Tell me about it..
this and "--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- crafts" we have five euro bins and they were full in 3 days flat, then we had a pile of bags of rubbish 3 extra bins full for me to shift after they had been emptied on the Thursday.

Thanks and Merry --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dec 2023 28 16:47

Stage out, stage in, stage out, stage in, stage….
Ad infitum.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
Rushfan
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 28 18:04

Yes I get that! Stage is still up waiting for me when I get back after --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- break.