Wildlife

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

eebagum
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 08 08:06

Wildlife

So how many of you spoil our feathered friends and furry friends like me, come the winter or all year round

Amazing the types of birds in our garden right now from sparrows to jays to wood pigeons to woodpeckers.

And then our friendly eat out of your hand the grey squirrels.

Fascinating to watch them all.
hendo91
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 08 08:49

Re: Wildlife

I became some what of a amateur bird watcher during the first lockdown (our garden use to get a really good variety of birds) at the time I couldn't tell you a pigeon from a parrot now I am like Bill Odie and its rubbed of on the kids they love a good walk now see what they can spot.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 08 09:40

At home we save all the old fats and oils and use it to stick bird seed into coconut half shells. they love it and at this time of year a full half is gone in 2 days. [Thumb_up.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 08 11:17

We have grey squiggles here, I often put peanuts in their shells out on a bird table. Funny watching them run up and down the cl fencing, plus it amazes me how they manage to scale walls and jump quite a distance. We do get birds in the warmer weather, mostly pigeons and sparrows plus the occasional bird I don’t know the name of?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 08 12:22

After every break seagulls and crows clearing up the food, in the evening a feral cat who I found one Sunday morning curled up in a doorway, thought she was dead until I realised she had a crisp packet stuck on her head, took it off and she legged it, could have been there since Friday evening and given up trying to get it off? [Cry.png]
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch